AndreaT

Introducing the newest member of the household

This is Lucky, he's a gold laced bantam orpington. I picked him up on Monday from a lady who sadly had a fox attacked and was left with two cockerels and not enough girls. Not sure what the girls think of him yet, I don't think he's managed to introduce himself properly yet, if you know what I mean :wink: All my girls are LF and I was a little worried with him being a bantam but he's about the same size as my largest girl and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

8429770698_8f380cdf39_z.jpg

He was hatched last year and is settling in really well, he's not bothered by the cats or next doors barking dog. He looks lovely roaming round the garden with his little flock and I love hearing his crow. It's quite high pitched compared to next doors massive wyandotte cockerel :lol: They've already met through the fence, there was a little bit of chest fluffing but they generally ignored each other.

I'm not sure he suits the name Lucky, it doesn't seem manly enough! Any ideas? :think:

Thanks all, he is handsome isn't he :D

The name Trevor made me chuckle. I'm a big fan of the Big Bang Theory so I was thinking Leonard. Then when I get my lady orps they would be Penny and Amy. I originally was going to call him Sheldon, but, for those of you who watch it, you'll know that would probably give him a complex! :lol:

What a dandy :D He's lovely.

You say that his crow is high pitched but does he do the full cock-a-doodle-doo?

Yes, it's a proper full on crow and pretty loud! He was having a crow off with Monty next door earlier and he wasn't going to lose!

So just wondering ....how things now with your run etc since the storm damage??? Did the insurance help out?? :think:

It's still ongoing. Originally they said it wasn't covered because as it's not a permanent structure it's classed as contents. Contents aren't covered for storm damage if they're outside! :doh: I argued that it was too big to ever fit inside and that a shed would be covered so why not the run. The answer; because you can take it with you if you moved. My response; just like you could with a shed!

They finally admitted that it wasn't something they had come across before and couldn't visualise what I was talking about. They have given me a claim number and I am sending photos and details to them so they can assess it.

I'm not planning on replacing it, it just too windy where I am. The girls now have a feed shelter and I've just bought an automatic door opener which I'm going to put on the Cube in the next few days. I do have another Omlet WIR which I'm planning on using for ducks in the spring, they don't need cover so there'll be nothing for the wind to catch hold off! 8)

I'm not planning on replacing it, it just too windy where I am. The girls now have a feed shelter and I've just bought an automatic door opener which I'm going to put on the Cube in the next few days

Glad to hear you're getting sorted!!!! :D I worry everytime it's windy!!! :roll: Will we see pics of the new set up??