clare*

Robbie Williams concert

Has anyone managed to get through to get tickets. :?:

I have been trying on and off all day on the Robbie Williams site,but it keeps crashing :x

They have been telling me for the last hour that their is heavy traffic on the site :?

His concerts are supposed to be brilliant :!::!:

I would like to see him in a pair of Omlet pants, I must say :!:

Tickets are on sale through ticket hotlines for over £200 :shock:

Loads cheaper if you can get them direct.

In my younger days I did go to several Take That concerts :oops: , I have a younger sister who was mad on them.

All of their shows were fab :D

I hope you get tickets! I saw Robbie in Rotterdam with my sister (my 40th birthday present from OH) and he was brilliant. Such an entertainer, great show. I don't go to concerts much (at all in fact) these days but I would definitely shift for a Robbie do. You'll have a great time - good luck with your ticket hunt. :D:D:D

I must admit to the best concert I have ever been to as being Tom Jones a few years ago.

I won the tivkets in a raffle, & nearly didn't go, but went & the seats were fab.

God, the man can sweat!!!

I have also seen Duran Duran, Jools Holland,Ocean Colour Scene,Blondie,Gary Glitter, T'Pau,Simply Red,Big Country,Aztec Camera....all those old '80s bands of my youth.

Now I would LIKE to see Red Hot Chili Peppers & The White Stripes.

I live about 6 miles from the Reading Festival site ,but have not been brave enought to go since I turned 30 (9 years ago!)

No :(:(

I tried all last night to get into the Robbie Williams shop, you have to spend 25.00 to join the fanclub,that then allows you to buy the tickets before general release.

I think I will wait now till they go on sale to everyone. :roll:

It will cost 125.00 to go,2 tickets and the membership :shock:

I know I would like to see him but its a bit expensive.

I've got tickets to see Little Britain in March, that cost over £100 as well. :o

Debs saw Take That she reckoned it was a good concert (they were great apparently) - but not as good as Glen Tilbrook acoustic

We saw Glen Tilbrook's acoustic tour a few years ago too. He was fab wasn't he? One man and his guiter with some help from members of the audience! We saw him in the Princess Charlotte in Leicester. At the time it was a small room out the back of the pub. A great venue for really intimate gigs.

My best concerts were Madonna, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd and Meat Loaf. Forgot to add, these are the only concerts I've ever been to - all very 80's. I always got good tickets. My theory is get the best you can, coz you won't see them again. The worst seats we had was at the Meat Loaf concert - at the back in the corner. You know how big Meat Loaf is??? Well he looked like a tiny little pea on the stage. Just not worth it. Pay extra money for good seats or forget it.

Hope you get your Robbie tickets - bet he puts on a good performance - a real showman.

Oo, coincidence there is a concerts thread! I just got in from seeing Michael Bublé at Newcastle and he was amazing. Most def. the best one I've been to.

Robbie Williams is not my cup of tea, but I bet he really puts on a good show! I can imagine tickets being hard to find for him.

Phew, even I have heard of Queen & Oasis :lol::lol:

I've never been to Knebworth- frequently intended too, never quite got round to it. Maybe one day :wink:

We used to see quite a few concerts- pre children. Last one was Dire Straits, at Wembley, 1991, great atmosphere, but far too far away for a satisfactory view. Music was great, but very loud. Not a problem, except that I was pregnant at the time, and he kicked and wriggled and squirmed all through it. I was most uncomfortable. Not sure if it was the noise he didn't like, or just the band :shock:

Edited by Guest

LSH and I went to see Dire Straits at the NEC in 1985, I think. They were very good! It was just after they released the Brothers In Arms album. I went to Monsters of Rock at Donington to see AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy Osborne :oops: , saw the Police on their Synchonicity tour at the NEC in 1983 and saw Marillion in 1984 at the Milton Keynes Bowl. Now the most live music I get to see is my uncle's jazz band playing at Burghley Park :( !!

We may have been at the same Marillion concert Kate :D

I went with an ex bofriend- and got lost somewhere between Wolverhampton and Milton Keynes :shock: Don't know how he managed that- but he was a dreadful driver :roll: We enjoyed the concert when we finally got thee though.

Also saw UB40, the Teardrop Explodes, Altered Images :oops::oops: , and Duran Duran, all back in the 80's. There were others too, can't remember them right now though