savena5630

BBC1 Documentary

What lovely girls you have!

I suppose we all like watching wildlife but people have to distinguish between appropriate and inappropriately feeding it. Urban foxes are vermin IMHO.

I'd rather they lived in the countryside (although that's more of a risk to my babes).

Felt sorry for the old guy with the flock. But, if you keep chooks you know you need to take precautions.

Are you in The Daily Mail magazine today?

I saw that I was on their wesbite http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2465288/Fox-Wars--BBC-documentary-reveals-Britains-urban-foxes-divided-nation.html, but I have'nt seen the actual magazine article!

Did anyone get it?

I did :D

You are on page 15, but they have spelt your name Sofia and sat with 3 chickens, maybe 4 and a pink and a purple grub/glug.

I can send you the page if you would like it.

Are you in The Daily Mail magazine today?

I saw that I was on their wesbite http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2465288/Fox-Wars--BBC-documentary-reveals-Britains-urban-foxes-divided-nation.html, but I have'nt seen the actual magazine article!

Did anyone get it?

I did :D

You are on page 15, but they have spelt your name Sofia and sat with 3 chickens, maybe 4 and a pink and a purple grub/glug.

I can send you the page if you would like it.

Thank you - that would be great!! I have PM'd you my address.

Thanks again :D x

I watched it and found it interesting, the lady from Newport made me chuckle with her night watch and washing line pole then too see that it was a neighbours cat filmed doing the deed on the lawn (mind you they did say that she may have had foxes in the past)

But what I found really bizarre being a chicken owner I am very careful about leaving food out in fear of encouraging rats, and as we all know keeping chicken will put you in the frame for neighbourhood rats etc. So seeing all those people chucking cat food out had me in a little state of trauma but then I suppose the foxes are eating it all so maybe there is no issue (who knows hey)

The daily mail article can be seen at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2465288/Fox-Wars--BBC-documentary-reveals-Britains-urban-foxes-divided-nation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml.

My OH and watched and couldn't quite believe what we were seeing. Bear in mind that my OH only "tolerates" the chickens. He couldn't quite get over the humane fox catcher. When people ask him to get rid of the foxes in his garden do they not realise that they are just passing the problem onto someone else. Don't get me wrong I am not against foxes but it should be illegal to feed them and if you catch one you should euthanase it humanely and not make it someone else's problem. It would be like me catching the moles in my garden and then leaving them on someones else's lawn! :shock: I thought Sophfia was fab and the only balanced view in the programme.

Just watched it - Sophia - you came over well - I'm in NW London are you still in Barnet?. "Ooops, word censored!"by - glad I dont live near him. People have had chucks in their gardens for years and years for fresh eggs or meat. Why dont they get their facts right. During the war many folk had chucks in the back yard. The posh Welsh lady made me giggle saying the S word - and the sight of next doors cat parking his lunch was hilarious.

I loved the show! The Welsh lady was completely barmy and the reveal was hilarious!

I'm very much pro fox (& of course pro chicken) so I'd probably fall in more with the humane catcher/cul de sac happy folk than the rest. I was very shocked the Oxfordshire farmer had such little security. If we're keeping them in coops/runs, then it is our responsibility to keep them safe and he took it so personally...it's an animal taking every opportunity to survive, like anyone/thing would.