redbug

Talk talk broadband??

Does anyone have talk talk broadband seems to be cheapest around. TT seems to b £36.76 cheaper +24.00 quidco cash back. Total £60.76. (Saving of £5 per month) Than my provider at the moment plusnet.

If anyone has TT how have you found the service. Is it worth the change :?:

At the moment I am having to cut some of my costs :cry::oops: seem to have more going out than coming in :wall:

Just changed to sim only mobile @ 12.99 a month 1000 mins. 5000 text and 2 Gb of data. (Saving £15 per month)

Going to phone car insurance next :!: see if I can get reduction.

We've been with TalkTalk for years and although I can't recommend them I don't think they are any worse than any other provider. I too had billing problems - but it was a complicated situation. When I left them to live abroad earlier this year it was extremely straightforward to cancel the DD. Years ago I had technical problems (before the exchange was upgraded) and they did sort it out quite quickly on a few occasions. The speed was OK but not brilliant but fine for my needs and I think they are cheap. Currently my Mum has no landline phone (she is with TT) but the problem is with Openreach (part of the BT group who look after the wiring/cabling infrastructure). The end user (ie us) cannot talk directly to Openreach and has to go via their telecoms provider. My Mum is having real issues talking to TT people in India - she is slightly hard of hearing, can't understand the accent etc etc and more to the point they are unable to tell her anything useful as they are using a script and in any case its not their problem. She is finding this very frustrating, but I think it would be the same with many providers. I have also had dealings with BT directly over the line rental and my feelings about their accounting systems and customer service are much worse than my feelings about TT.

I left talktalk a couple of years ago after an absolute NIGHTMARE with them. My broadband went down and I had many many expensive calls to India, each one denying any knowledge of my previous phone call and making me do the whole test thing again, then promising an engineer would ring back - who never ever did. They insisted the problem was mine but my daughter in the next village also had talktalk which was also not working, they virtually told me I was lying when I told them them this and also hung up on me when I asked to speak to a manager at the call centre.

After several weeks with no broadband I left and went to BT. My daughter eventually got her broadband back when a BT engineer went to the local exchange and found the talktalk engineers had put something in the wrong way round when they had been at the exchange all those weeks ago!

JUST DON'T!!!

I switched to them a couple of years ago when they called me up & SWORE that they could provide me with good fast Broadband.

It turned out that they couldn't manage ANY Broadband at all to my house, let alone a faster one.

Total & utter complete waste of time,money & effort.

Had to jump through hoops to get my money back too - I will never, never ever switch to them again :evil:

Does not sound good. I was hoping they had got better :shock::?

It is only £5 a month saving. - sounds best to stay with plusnet. TT being cheapest then PN. Gap of £20 then others.

I added up the other providers the cost for a year and they all work out about the same give or take £10!

It is always good to hear other views - thanks everyone :)

I've been with TT for years and had little by way of problems. There was an incident a while back when our connection kept dropping out and we just couldn't resolve the problem. In the end we managed to (somehow, I don't know how) get hold of a number for the technical team in the UK and they sorted the problem for us immediately.

We are in a bit of a tricky situation in that the equipment in our local exchange is old and therefore we can't access a lot of the cheap broadband deals, so to a certain extent it's Hobson's choice for us. However, TT seems to work fine for our needs.

The only minor irritation is that they regularly phone us up trying to flog us other stuff such as mobile phones, which gets a bit wearing!

No, no, no; don't go there! Quite frankly a loud hailer would do a better job IMHO! We have had sooooo many probs with TalkTalk; I am desperate to change but OH keeps talking me round by telling me what a hassle it is to change your e-mail address! Grrrr!

Actually, changing your e-mail address is the easy bit. I've just done this myself because I couldn't get my TalkTalk e-mail to work on my phone (it turns out you need to be connected to TalkTalk broadband/WiFi to send and receive e-mails from a TalkTalk account :roll: ).

What I've done is set up an e-mail account with Gmail. I then added my TalkTalk e-mail account to my Gmail account so I can actually send/receive e-mails as my TalkTalk e-mail address, but they are all routed through Gmail. (Does that make sense?) Then as e-mails come in from various mailing lists, online accounts, friends and family etc, I am updating them with the new e-mail address.

It's working really well, as I don't have to worry about people I have forgotten to tell using the old e-mail address and not reaching me.

Hope that's helpful! :D

I'd say you've made the right choice staying with PN! I've been with them for over 10 years and only ever had a couple of issues.

Remember you get what you pay for in this world, if you want £5 a month broadband I wouldn't expect it to be reliable and definitely wouldn't expect any customer service. PN have call centres in the UK and very good customer service, I'd say it's definitely worth the extra.