Chickpea

Life's Little Hiccups

Found out today my mum's got a cancerous growth on one of her kidneys, so she's going to have it out in the next couple of weeks. Oh well, everyone's very positive about it and it's a flook that it was even found at all (she went for a scan for her hernia!). It's nice to be able to come on the forum and just get it off my chest. Gonna be a big upheavel for her, but in her own words 'she's as tough as old boots!'

Sorry to hear this and really impressed with your approach to it all and your mums :) Wishing her a speedy recovery.

The forum is great for offloading, most of us have found something we needed to get off our chests.

Sending you hugs and come here for as much support as you need and keep us posted how things go.

BBx

I know this doesn't seem the right thing to say, but your mum has been very lucky. Lucky because it was found so early, before it could have spread any further. You are both very very brave & have fantastic attitudes towards all this pain!

Give her loads of love & cuddles & when she's had her op, do something lovely together which she will really enjoy.

Good luck to you all & very best wishes.

Emma.x

I'm glad it was found early Lucy - good luck to you and your Mum.

Thirty plus years ago, my Gran was diagnosed with cancer and had a kidney removed, she was 65 and she lived to almost 90. Carl's father also had the same operation a few years ago and he is fine now.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and positive thoughts, you are all such lovely people, I wish I could be at the official omlet gathering to meet you -but there will be other times no doubt! :wink:

Yes we're all thinking positive, it could have been much worse. Mum had breast cancer 8 years ago, and we thought the worse that it had come back, but apparantly it is extreamly rare for it to hit the kidney, so they say it's entirely unrelated, just one of those things. :roll:

hi lucy

keep positive i am sure your mum will be fine as it has been found before it has given her any symptoms

not meaning to sound harsh but you can live with one kidney quite happily i found out last oct that my daughter only has one kidney she is 19 and has never had any kidney problems

love to your mum and you

keep up the positive attitude it really does work

sarah

Hi Lucy

So sorry to hear about your news but renal cancers are usually well contained and if found early, as your Mum was, have a good prognosis. Remember to ask lots of questions - the more information you have the better position you are in to deal with the situation.

Good luck