newcountrygirl

To lay or not to lay?

Well, today I found a Penny egg in the nestbox :clap: 1st this year from her :D So laying hens =2 Tilly no tail and Penny.....ooooo but she does scream and stamp about a bit before laying :roll: been doing that for a couple of days, so I should have known. Oh her eggs are pointed, that's how I know that it's her....just like her mum's used to be.

I am going to read the riot act to my chickens tomorrow - I am fed up with buying eggs when I have 5 chickens. The most annoying thing is that last year i had to give one of my chickens Gladys Pugh away to my friend across the road cos she was bullying the others and she has continued to lay eggs all through the winter Grrrr! :lol:

Well my little Penny as laid me an egg 3 days straight :clap: But, I'd forgotten what a screamer she is :roll: She sounds like a goose in the morning until I let them out and then she goes on and on with her egg song :lol: Bless....................

Oh no p-l-e-a-s-e don't mention the B word to my lot :pray: I'm worried I'll need broody towers here with my lot, if last summer is anything to go by :lol::roll:

Well since last Sunday when we brought the newbies home, one of them has laid 4 lovely dark brown eggs for me. Nothing from the olduns apart from the maran running in and out of the cube going arrr arrr arrrrrrrrrr - and coming out having done nada. The new orpie crouched today too! I live in hope!!!!

Lucy of da Henz is currently looking as if she might start taking this egg-laying lark seriously. She's been pacing back and forth in the run for the past few days, as if she was looking for something but wasn't sure what. She also gave me a classic "lie back and think of mealworms" crouch when I reached down for her yesterday - whilst also looking rather bewildered when the instinct kicked in, like someone who performs a perfect dance move on a disco floor without really knowing how they managed it (yet trying to act like it was planned at the time). I suspect I'll be hearing the operatic Hen Chorus soon, so here's hoping!