Valkyrie Posted March 2, 2014 Share Posted March 2, 2014 @ knit a new cat - when you do please post the piccy on the craft section! Although so saying that I've seen Lesley's felt Pintrest thing and there's some fabulous dogs and bunnies and owls on there! But it is very irritating that you have had such big problems. Luckily my Dyson has been fine. This is the second one (and as DS is back with us I have a back up in the garage it seems). The only problem is static - even when used on tiles or non man made fibre which is even worse. But not as bad as the big blue flashes that I used to get when using the Vax (never again). Um, I think I do it to myself - many a time I've given off the blue zap - and not always indoors. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted March 2, 2014 Share Posted March 2, 2014 Some people are just supercharged, my ED is one of those. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted March 3, 2014 Share Posted March 3, 2014 If I could only apply that to energising myself! My neighbour's Dyson is spotless. Mine needs a clean! I don't think she has any dust or dirt in her house at the worst of times (apart from when her dad oils her doors and gets it on the floor and even then any hoover won't sort that out). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted March 11, 2014 Author Share Posted March 11, 2014 Today's long awaited service engineer failed to materialise after a 40 minute queue for customer service and another ten minute hold while they went off to check why he hasn't turned up they informed me he wouldn't be coming as he has left there employment I asked why no one let me know apparently it hadn't been put on the new computer system. Seriously you couldn't make this up they are very sorry but they will have to arrange a courier to collect it have it repaired in there workshop and send back. I asked to speak to a manager Surprise surprise there all At lunch I asked them to get someone to return my call on there return. No one called me back That's it I have had enough I have sent them a letter informing them if the don't send me a replacement vacuum ASAP I will buy a new vacuum which I will expect them to reimburse me for failing this I will take this matter to court and as ask for compensation as well my court costs. If I don't get any response by tomorrow I am off to buy a new vacuum but definitely not a Dyson I can't believe they think customers are prepared to put up with such appalling service. Let's see how they want to play this one Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted March 12, 2014 Share Posted March 12, 2014 Wishing you strength with this one! We have a similar ongoing situation at work with getting someone in the fit a replacement gas meter... it needs someone who is qualified to fit a medium pressure meter, so obviously, time and again they send out someone who isn't qualified (usually the same poor chap). I am trying to be very patient on the phone Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted March 12, 2014 Share Posted March 12, 2014 Also, I would tell Dyson that you expect to be reimbursed for the time you've wasted waiting for an engineer they knew wasn't going to turn up - if you had to take a day off work - claim the "loss of earnings" from them, no doubt you will also have to wait in for a courier to come and collect it? Really NOT good enough - I vowed never to buy another Dyson after my first (and only) one ... it lasted just over two years, having had two replacement motors within the guarantee period. I replaced it with a Vax, much better machine at probably 1/3 of the price of the equivalent Dyson and it's MUCH better!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted March 12, 2014 Share Posted March 12, 2014 Kate, that's awful. (And I say that as someone who has always found Dyson service to be good) Why didn't they offer to pick up and return the vac when you first called them and the engineer wasn't available? Hope you get it sorted. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted March 12, 2014 Author Share Posted March 12, 2014 WitchHazel I asked them to do that as that's how they used to do it previously they said no we send out engineers now I am still mad today and sticking to my guns I am not accepting anything less than a new appliance or I am buying a new one myself Suggestion on a replacement guys ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grandmashazzie Posted March 12, 2014 Share Posted March 12, 2014 Flipping heck,terrible service.I would need to get Kim and Aggie in if I had had no Hoover for that long. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grandmashazzie Posted March 12, 2014 Share Posted March 12, 2014 As said previously I have found Henry hoover really good and it is often on offer if you use comparison site. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted March 12, 2014 Share Posted March 12, 2014 I am appalled at the way you have been treated I don't have any particular vacuum recommendations, I use a Miele cat and dog which works fine, but I'm still after some elusive holy grail which both picks up well and doesn't involve me in getting filthy from dust when changing filters etc Anyway, just wanted to lend some moral support Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted March 13, 2014 Author Share Posted March 13, 2014 Well having posted on the Dyson FB page thank you to whoever suggested that I got a phone call this afternoon apologising profusely but still making excuses and still only offering to have my Dyson collected I said no I am not prepared to wait any longer for it to be collected fixed then returned as I asked for this on the 20th Feb when they point blank refused. I asked for a loan machine they don't have any but could loan me a DC 44 cordless but wouldn't be able to send out for another week I have told them I have contacted Watchdog which I have and that I want a replacement machine ( stalemate ) she has said she will pass this complaint further up the chain of management. I told her they have until close of business tomorrow to resolve my complaint or I will be buying a new NOT Dyson vacuum and sending them the bill if they refuse to reimburse I will see them in court. Incidentally there FB page is full of complaints similar to mine Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted March 16, 2014 Author Share Posted March 16, 2014 Hurrah Dyson engineer turned up this am I had no idea he was coming and he had no idea what had been going on with customer services. The motor was fried voila he installed a new motor and all systems go I am a happy bunny again how I have missed the my Dyson. :dance Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted March 16, 2014 Share Posted March 16, 2014 That is good news, what a relief. Thank goodness you were in. Such a shame that you have had such a hassle getting it sorted, lets hope Dyson sort themselves out. I have a Dyson and I love it. I was thinking of getting it serviced as it has had some hard work in the last year and it doesn't do as well as it used to. Enjoy your hoovering KK. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted March 16, 2014 Share Posted March 16, 2014 Glad that you have finally got it sorted. I have got two Dysons one is about 8 years old and had a new motor about three years ago and the other is three years old. I have to say that the older one is better, it seems more robust and powerful. It also seems to deal with pet hair better even though the newer one is an animal one. I am reluctant to get anything else because we have cheap carpets in a couple of our bedrooms which we were all set to replace because of the fluff pilling on them after a couple of years until we got the first Dyston, and that saved them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted March 16, 2014 Author Share Posted March 16, 2014 I have a Dyson and I love it. I was thinking of getting it serviced as it has had some hard work in the last year and it doesn't do as well as it used to Chrissie I have noticed that washing the filter regularly keeps it working more efficiently more so with my newer Dyson than my previous Dyson's which had a foam filter it didn't seem to lose efficiency and need washing as much Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willow Posted March 16, 2014 Share Posted March 16, 2014 Glad you got it sorted - what an effort For anyone getting their dyson serviced. Be very careful to ensure it is Dyson!!! There is a company pretending to be dyson and the guys polish the dyson so it looks like they have done something and charge you to replace the filters with fake gauze filters and charge a fortune Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted March 18, 2014 Share Posted March 18, 2014 Well I know where your Dyson man got to. I was out for a walk yesterday and this guy passed me with a carrier bag of shopping. On the back of his jacket said "Dyson Engineer" or words to that effect - thought about you!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted March 18, 2014 Author Share Posted March 18, 2014 Ha ha Valkyrie If I had come across a Dyson Employee while I was waiting I may have been tempted to kidnap him What's even stranger I got an email from Dyson customer service today out of the blue apologising again and as a gesture of good will the are sending me a spare washable filter which I had commented on a previous post that they seems to need washing more often than the older ones coincidence or have we a secret Dyson Employee on the forum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted March 19, 2014 Share Posted March 19, 2014 Oooh. I wonder if someone has to investigate the word Dyson popping up anywhere and immediately sorts things out? Would be good if so. A positive action Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...