redbug

3 new ex bats

Well done, I have one ex-batt left, my lovely Ivy. I have had 10 all together. Ivy has been with me for 2.5 years and still lays every day.

My favourite memory was the first three we rescued, I put them in the nest box and shut them in as I was told. I opened the lid on the nest box and Blossom was in there. The sun poured in, she stretched out this skinny, featherless wing into the suns warmth and the look on her little face was priceless.

Mine were terrified of the wind to start with

I have my posh girls now, but don't think I will ever be without a few ex-batts They are just so friendly (well I did have two that were evil to be honest)

:shock: I came home this evening went to look at my 3 girls and 4 eggs....????? Went out 15.30 no eggs - back at 20.00.

So surprised :D:D not sure how they managed that :?

I thought earlier no eggs today wondering how they will be tomorrow?

I found some small holders ex batt feed :D:D I am going to mix it in a couple of weeks with some L.pellets :D

My favourite memory was the first three we rescued, I put them in the nest box and shut them in as I was told. I opened the lid on the nest box and Blossom was in there. The sun poured in, she stretched out this skinny, featherless wing into the suns warmth and the look on her little face was priceless.

That brought tears to my eyes but so lovely :D

Cannot believe the difference a just over a week makes in the life of an ex bat :D my 3 GNR marmalade, GNR marmite and GNR lemon curd - they have learnt virtually straight away to lay eggs in the nest box (pink eglu):D how did they know?

Have had 3 eggs !eggcream! every day 4 on one day..... :D

The feathers are even starting to grow look like little sticks growing lol

First few days standing silent pecking through bars frightened of every noise.......now clucking away, scratching the grass to death :D eating and drinking....... :dance::dance:

My dogs have even met them.... :D

Look like different chooks :D:D

Ah that's do nice to hear. I am so glad they have settled in, I bet they can't believe their luck. It makes you think doesn't it, they would have been slaughtered the day you rehomed them and yet they have so much more to give...eggs or not xx

Well done you x

Ah that's do nice to hear. I am so glad they have settled in, I bet they can't believe their luck. It makes you think doesn't it, they would have been slaughtered the day you rehomed them and yet they have so much more to give...eggs or not xx

Well done you x

It is so terrible to think that they would not be here now :(:( they don't deserve to die after being shut away. They are great to have around and clever too :D