mullethunter

Stopped laying for winter?

Amy gave up her 2 eggs a week a few weeks ago and went in to a bit of a moult (she never liked egg laying anyway - stressed her out for at least a day each time :lol: ), but from a regular egg every other day Penny hasn't laid for 4 days now. She doesn't seem to be moulting, do people think she's just given up for winter?

My girls have stopped laying full stop, they are old ladies now so guess it was to be expected. I found a lump of chewing gum type stuff in the nest box a week ago too and I also had a lash a few weeks before!! Waitrose here I come!!

Ps what is the technical term for a lash? When I spoke to my vet she didn't have a clue what I was talking about!!

Shed oviduct lining Gavclojak.

Can we stick to lash please as that description really spoilt my enjoyment of the bag of fudge I was troughing on :vom::D

My girls are mostly over 4 years old now with a couple at over 3 years old so I get very few eggs, just the Columbines (blue-green egg layers) that are keeping going

My lot have gone the other way and have started laying like mad, we have been battling red mite all summer and finally seem to have got on top of it so maybe thats got something to do with it. I'm sure its only a temporary thing they are going through laying eggs. :lol: