Purplemaniacs

End of an era

In March 2011 we rehomed 3 ex batts, Agnes, Agatha and Annie. The A team.

Annie enjoyed just 6 months of freedom, Agatha 18 months. Since then Agnes has been the only ex batt. She has been happy living in her own half of the WIR with the hybrids in the other half. As I said in the nest box OH and cleaned out all the WIR on Easter Day and let Agnes in with the others. All seemed ok the odd peck but nothing more until yesterday when I went outside to hide eggs for an a Easter egg hunt for the grandchildren to find and she was collapsed in the run.

I took her out and put her in a dog crate and brought her inside. She was semi conscious I wondered if she had had a stroke but last night she seemed to have perked up and was walking around the crate.

When I got up this morning she had died.

Sad as she was the last one but she had a great 4 years of freedom, in that time she laid lots of eggs including one yesterday.

Chrissie

Thanks everyone. The more I think about it the more I realise how well she did.

I must sort out my girls and merge some together and then I will get some more ex batts. Must find out when there is a rehoming in Brackley as that is where Agnes and the others came from. Also Brackley was my home for some of my childhood so has many memories.

Chrissie