dancing cloud

Cleo died this morning

My lovely Cleo-cat died just after 6.00 this morning :cry:

She was fine when we got up and ate her breakfast. I'm not sure whether she had a heart attack or a fit, but she suddenly started to struggle to breathe and within a few minutes had died. It was as peaceful as these things can be and I was with her throughout, telling her how much she was loved.

A shelter cat that came to me six years ago, she was very cute and cuddly, always ready to purr for a hug and just naughty enough to be fun. A great ambassador for all older and not-quite-perfect cats looking for homes.

Piccies of her when she first arrived here

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42095&p=638593&hilit=cleo#p638593

My favourite photo of her, lazing in the sun

PICT1400.jpg

Go with the angels little one.

A week later and I'm still coming to terms with the fact my cuddle-cat has gone. It's silly little things like only putting food in one bowl and finding some of her fur on a cushion that really bring it home :( . I just remind myself that Cleo always knew I loved her and I know she loved me in return.

I had been concerned that Loki might be lonely, as he's never been an only cat in all his time with me, but he seems very content. Probably celebrating finally shoving his last companion off their twig and getting his home all to himself!

I honestly think it took me about two months to get over Wellington's death in December, I don't mean in terms of being inconsolable or unable to stop thinking about him, but it was probably that long before I stopped looking for him in the garden or waiting to feel him land on the bed with a thump as I turned out the lights. It does get easier, and you can be comforted to know Cleo had a happy and contented life with you.

My other cat has blossomed now she has the house to herself, she's turned into a lap-limpet and is much more relaxed. I don't think they miss their housemates as much as we do.

PS I'm still finding tabby hairs on things!