gavclojak

Thomas Cook are evil

The British Consulate in Monaco (cushy number that one, methinks)

According to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, there is no British Mission in Monaco....

No he was told he had to make his way to the British consulate in M"Ooops, word censored!"ille!! Off his own back and at his own expense,

Good point Jude, I have been told that these people fly into countries when they have major sports events/bank holidays etc and sit at train stations or airports and spot potential targets....unfortunately OH and son were the targets but apparently no CCTV picked them up???? Really???? At an airport????

My sons phone is flat and they are trying to locate a charger but they are at the Grand Prix today so I'm hoping they make the best of today. It's been an expensive break, what should have been a three day break with qualifier race and final included has actually turned in to one day.

I am not sure at this point if TC charged him for the replacement ticket.

I don't blame TC for the fact he lost everything, that' was just pure bad luck and poor judgement but I do blame them for the complete lack of help and empathy.

I and 2 american friends are off to London in 2 weeks - I am now worried re losing stuff and am going to leave a copy of all the tickets with numbers and stuff we have here just in case be. It is very worrying for people not to be able to relax and enjoy the day out by having to be on the look out for pick pockets - its the trooping of the colour on that day so loads of people around too. Glad they got to the final race at least - but certainly pursue Thomas Cook - they can stand a ticket or two!!

I and 2 american friends are off to London in 2 weeks - I am now worried re losing stuff and am going to leave a copy of all the tickets with numbers and stuff we have here just in case be. It is very worrying for people not to be able to relax and enjoy the day out by having to be on the look out for pick pockets - its the trooping of the colour on that day so loads of people around too. Glad they got to the final race at least - but certainly pursue Thomas Cook - they can stand a ticket or two!!

Please don't worry just be aware, one tip is, when you get to the train station/underground there are lots of signs saying beware of pickpockets, a natural reaction when you read that sign is to feel for your purse/wallet/cash to make sure it's there! You probably don't even realise your doing it but these pickpockets stand and watch people do that and that's it, they know what pocket/bag to target! The dirty expletive!!!! Tar and feather them, or as my nan would say...give them the birch :lol:

Have a decoy wallet, one that has only a few coins/low value notes and useless cards (old store cards, used gift cards etc), in a pocket whilst having everything else hidden in a belt/arm/shoulder wallet. If you are pick pocketed, you will only lose a few £'s worth of money.

Hope they enjoyed the race. Interesting conclusion and very glad that young Verstappen was unhurt - was scary enough from the onboard!

Not had any news from them as yet and I don't have a clue what's been going on:) I honestly don't know anything about F1...is the race over?

It's too late for your son but I'll put this on here in case it's helpful for anyone else. Before going abroad, scan your passport and travel insurance documents and email it to yourself - then If they do get stolen you'll be able to access copies.

Thanks olly that is indeed an excellent tip. What is ironic is that last Sunday OH was saying how much he loves his wallet (aspinals) and that he thinks he would have a meltdown if he lost it as he has so much in there. Debit/credit cards, business cards, PADI card etc etc...I think we put a hex in him!

Ah thank you Soapdragon. The lads are home and they had a lovely final day. I have sent a strongly worded letter of complaint to TC not only for their complete lack of help but their lack of empathy! I emailed them Tuesday's and as yet, true to form for them I have heard nothing. :evil:

Funnily enough we are just booking a holiday to Mexico for 8 And guess who we won't be using? X