gavclojak

Thomas Cook are evil

So for Christmas I surprised my OH and son with a joint gift of a three night package to the Monaco gran prix, flights, hotel, champagne reception entrance to the qualifying and final race. I worked really hard to pay for it but they deserve it...they were beyond excited setting off this morning.....

Unfortunately didn't even make it out of the airport without bieng targeted by professional pickpockets who have stolen his bag, with his wallet, passport, cash, cards Grand Prix tickets, phone ,tablet....everything! He was in a lift and there were three of them, he is so angry as he had everything in one bag and it was across his body and he didn't even feel them take it....., the rep has met him at the hotel and have organised to get a temp visa sometime tomorrow meaning he will miss the qualifying race and now they are saying he will have to re buy tickets for the final.....seriously..come on thomas Cook, I am appalled they will not just cancel the tickets and replace them, like thomas Cook need anymore bad publicity but I am not taking this lying down, I am going to dream from the rooftops....appaling service....

Oh my goodness I can understand how cross you must be. Surely if you can email them your confirmation etc they could re issue.It seems ridiculous in this electronic age that they cannot replace. I know I recently lost concert tats and they reprinted and left at box office. Good luck with getting sorted. There are such . . . . . . . . . . . .out there.

They are saying as they are general entrance tickets they have no bar code.....I'm not having that....I will be up fighting tomorrow morning....thomascooksports.com beware....whoever takes my call tomorrow is going to wish they had taken the day off I promise you that :evil::evil::evil:

I'm so fuming I think I'm gonna explode....spontaneous human combustion :oops:

Complain on social media they will have facebook etc pages people read and share them usually works!!!

I'm not on Facebook or the like :silenced:

It get worse, TC a are saying the British consular us now closed and will not reopen until Tuesday which means he misses his TC flight home and he has now got to go to M"Ooops, word censored!"ille, get emergency travel documents at £180 then pay for his own flights home.

The British consuate 24 hour helpline here are no help either.....he has been the Victim of a crime abroad and "Ooops, word censored!"ody gives a hoot!!

Good grief, how annoying for all of you, and they're stranded out there without any help :twisted:

Get someone else to post on facebook and twitter - I had Rosie do it for me at one stage, and it brought almost instant results. Mention that you are taking it to the press - Daily Mail is onto them like a rash at the moment :wink:

Does their travel insurance cover them for this?

Good luck

Thanks DM...I have just signed up to Twitter and will get my oldest son to Facebook. TC called them at the hotel last night, they gave them the number of the British consulate and that was it! Told husband he will have to fund his own flights home, make his own way to M"Ooops, word censored!"ille, an extra night in the hotel and he won't be able to even try until Tuesday. They also told him they could re issue the race tickets but he would have to pay for them.

Not sure what his insurance will cover as its one of those ones that come with a bank account so I would say not likely.

My son has a new contract starting Tuesday so he is going to be unpopular at work!

I don't blame TC for his lost stuff but they could have tried to help by arranging a lift to the consulate and as he is stuck in his hotel and unable to do anything they could at least replace the race tickets so he can make the best of a a bad situation...after all he is the victim and they are just nonchalant

He can't believe it's happened, he is in shock that they took his bad that was across his body and he didn't feel a thing!!

I'm sorry to hear this, what an awful experience. I think your son/OH should contact their travel insurers immediately - they probably have a helpline for out-of-hours and they are more likely to be able to help in these circumstances.

I'm sorry to hear this, what an awful experience. I think your son/OH should contact their travel insurers immediately - they probably have a helpline for out-of-hours and they are more likely to be able to help in these circumstances.

Thanks Olly, unfortunately all his details are in a locked cabinet at his office and guess where they key is??? I think all he will be able to do at this point is sort the insurance out on his return.

I have just spoken to TC who have said all they can do is assist in the purchase of additional tickets, I actually cried down the phone, and I don't do tears but I am so upset for them. What was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime has turned into a nightmare,

Gavclojak after reading your post last night I woke up thinking about this this morning. Can't imagine how gutted and angry you must all be. I can't believe Thomas Cook can't do something, if even as a good will gesture, to re-issue the tickets. Are they going to get to see the race or not?

In the short term I wonder if it would be worth using Twitter to get the attention of the F1 'family' in the hope that someone might be able to sort them out with tickets.

I know they probably just want to get home now, but at least they might be able to salvage something from the weekend.

Are you covered if you paid it with a credit card - the credit card companies are liable for loads I believe and may be able to help. Just a thought.

Thank you all for your kind comments. I paid by debit card but I am going to fight the battle when they get home

Update....both the passports have been handed in to the police station so at the very least they can get home, his wallet (minus cards and cash of course) and 1 Grand Prix ticket too so that is something, I have spoken again to TC and made it clear I am less than impressed, I told them he has been mugged once and now TC are trying to mug him again.

We are waiting for a decision from head office in Monaco and a call back, all the time the clock is ticking.....I have told them I will shout from every social media site I can and funny enough my eldest works for the biggest media monitoring firm the the UK.......bad press TC do not need at the moment

Most importantly they are safe and can get home, thank goodness....phew

That's some positive news then.

You probably already have, but give them a time to get back to you by - telling them that if you don't have xyz by then, you will be taking it to the papers/social media... you really shouldn't have to resort to that, but it seems to be the only way to get leverage these days.

Thank you guys, Oh has been to the police station and picked up his passports, TC said they wil arrange to replace the stolen ticket but can't confirm it will be as a gesture of good will or we will have to pay for it.

They told me the rep was going to meet oh and son after they collected the passports but when he called them they have told him they are now in Monaco at the gran prix so they will meet him tonight so effectively they have missed out on today's qualify races. Don't put yourselves out now TC will you!!

So so sorry to hear this horrible trail of events and do hope that things are now being sorted for you all. Horrified to realise that the British Consul/Embassy was closed! Surely they should be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help our citizens in trouble?

Sending good wishes to you and yours for a speedy and satisfactory conclusion :think:

So so sorry to hear this horrible trail of events and do hope that things are now being sorted for you all. Horrified to realise that the British Consul/Embassy was closed! Surely they should be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help our citizens in trouble?

They were probably all watching the Grand Prix :roll:

So so sorry to hear this horrible trail of events and do hope that things are now being sorted for you all. Horrified to realise that the British Consul/Embassy was closed! Surely they should be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help our citizens in trouble

You would think wouldn't you?? oh I was informed I could call them out of hours it was a life/death emergency at a charge of £130.00 per hour....yes folks that's right, your having a life or death situation overseas and you need help and the British consular, the same one who's wages we are paying will charge us £130.00 an hour to help.....#shame on you

And DM your right, I know the TC rep was apparently "helping" other clients today in Monaco while my husband was scrambling around trying to find the police station where his stuff was handed in,

Dogmother - this is just my angry reaction to this crime but on my list would be any Ministers/officials who decided on an open borders policy in Europe, "Ooops, word censored!"ody seems to check anybody.

We're not stupid, I think we all know where these gangs originate. Governments etc have left their residents and visitors vulnerable. Tourist sites in Paris are being shut because the staff don't want to deal with violent robbers.

Lifts seem to be popular mugging spots. Did you see the trio of glam looking EU females in a shopping centre in GB doing the same. They were caught on cctv changing disguises.