bluekarin

Exam results time is here again/ Off to Uni

Gah! I don't know why, but I keep being locked out of here :o(

Anyway, after a very stressful day today, Brias lectures have been moved from inaccessible rooms to somewhere she can actually get to. Its not like all this info was given when she applied, duplicated on her UCAS forms and extra forms filled out for disability services. It was very hard, as she was in tears a lot of the day (I didn't phone, only texts, as no words would have been said, or if they were, not understood) I however emailed the uni, and my hubby phoned them up, and miraculously 2 hours later everything was sorted.

Glad his loan has been approved Cooks :o)

And I concur, you are indeed very much not alone in your feelings Jules.

We forget they are still very young and although they can cope when things are running OK when things go pearshaped meltdown occurs. Glad you got it sorted. ES is feeling under the weather with a sore throat. Rang for medical advice :roll:

Chin up ladies it does get easier = but its normal to feel bereft. I survived 3 yrs of nursing school I was not worldly wise at all.

Hugs Ali xxx

My son has "fresher flu" apparently :lol: to you and me that's a cold, but he does sound grotty. Hasn't stopped him going out each night though. :roll:

He loves how Nottingham is so much cheaper than Cambridge, he said "mum I bought a chicken for 75p!" I was excited until I realised it was a cooked chicken. :lol:

My son has "fresher flu" apparently :lol: to you and me that's a cold, but he does sound grotty. Hasn't stopped him going out each night though. :roll:

I have 2, one in year 3 and one in year 2. Both have had Fresher's Flu again this year- most of them get it! Too many people together + too much drink + too little sleep = Fresher's Flu. :roll:

Too many people together + too much drink + too little sleep = Fresher's Flu. :roll:

It isn't that! It is people coming together from all over the UK, bringing diseases with them, therefore, you are exposed to germs that you are not immune to and get sick. Honest! :lol:

It just doesn't get any easier to leave Bria at her halls :cry: She has just spent the weekend here as she wanted to see her friend who has just been diagnosed with cancer, and we have just got back after dropping her off. Thankfully her godmum works in Bristol on most Fridays and was able to bring her home then.

She is still saying she doesn't want to be there and wants to be at home. But it is still early days and I have told her to see how she feels at Christmas. I am hoping by then, all her lectures will be stable and she will know where she needs to get to is accessible all the time.

Too many people together + too much drink + too little sleep = Fresher's Flu. :roll:

It isn't that! It is people coming together from all over the UK, bringing diseases with them, therefore, you are exposed to germs that you are not immune to and get sick. Honest! :lol:

Yes, I know - The people coming together from all over the UK is the 'too many people together' bit'. As I told my guys, if they weren't exhausted and full of booze, their immune system would be able to put up a half decent fight up against these germs :D

Karin - my son was the same without the extra pressures your daughter has like her friend and mobility problems. A lot of them in his block were the same. If she can hang on till Christmas I would think its likely she'll have changed her mind. Its very normal to be homesick. Hope she goes on alright and her friend too. xx

My ED was at Bristol and it is a uni with loads of societies. She recommends looking for a fun hobby society. If she is interested in music there are various music and choir type options. She also thinks that there were various craft societies and also one for fans of board games. She made most of her friends through membership of societies, she only had two friends on her course. It is a great way to meet like minded people. Does she have help with transport other than getting in to town for lectures? From memory Hiatt Baker is a fair way away from the student union building.

So sorry to hear B is unsure Karin. :( Its so hard for her with her mobility issues not to mention the news of her best friend. So so hard. xxx

DS communicated for a few hours on Skype on Sunday... :shock: I almost asked who had taken over the computer I was that amazed! He is homesick too but loving the experience and the new friends he has made. He also seems to love a place called 'Chunky Chicken' :roll: He is living on Pasta, toasted sandwiches, dippy eggs, toast, pot noodles, lasagne and korma curry so he isn't doing too bad for a week away. :lol:

He has no lessons on a Monday so always has a long weekend, the jammy beggar.

ED had an interview with Southampton Solent Uni this morning to do an animation course. The interviewer looked at about 5 or so pages of her sketchbook, and offered her a place on the spot! :dance: So September, she is off to uni. Again. Though one more suited to her needs. It even has a SU on the campus, not a 15 or so min wheel away, plus accomodation is 5 or so mins away, and she is really nearto the shops and the nightlife. Lets hope second time lucky for her, and she and we can't go through the stress of last year.