Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Been pretty hot and muggy here today, although it wasn't too bad in the shade. I went out today to sit by the pond in front of the office, in the shade, and it was delicious.Just needed an ice cream!

It has clouded over here now, I see that possible storms are forecast for later in the week. Just hope that it's cleared up by Sunday as we're off to the Shelsey Hill Climb.

Well I hadn't intended to leave it so late but my friend rang me, but I still walked around the village.  Bad bad bad mistake.  No air and very hot and trickle eyes humid!  It took a while to recover when I got home.  I had to collect a parcel from the sorting office - not far and always difficult to park hence the walk.  By the time I had lunch it had clouded over, breeze picked up and seemed cooler.  Went to visit my chooks and it was raining a little - had rained more before I arrived.  Stayed until the heavens opened again, but back home just a spit or two and heating up again.  Breeze now and again is most welcome, but it isn't enough! 

Were forecast thunderstorm for this afternoon but I guess a strike of lightning near Woking an hour ago or so isn't quite what I'd imagined!

I think they may bypass us too.  Have been eyeing the big green blob around Winchester and hope it doesn't fizzle out when it gets close to us.  Storms are just across the channel - they'll probably hit the east coast again if anything!  Fingers crossed we get some.

Yay! Just loving the cooler temps - so much more bearable. Am taking the boy's out to local garden (Waterperry) this afternoon; will be lovely to get out and about as it's been too hot so far! Looks like these temps are set for at least the next week or so but, sadly, very little rain :/ poor grass!

It feels so nice. I'm working on the garden today. Trying to repair all the neglect. We had some rain which we sat out in but it was pretty dirty rain ☔ or something. Everybody's cars are covered with dusty splodges and I mean everybody. I don't know if that is just local to here. I'm loving this cool breeze. 

Agree - we did have rain but it hasn't penetrated into the soil.  But hey ho - lovely cool and bearable weather - I can breathe too!  Yesterday I was pretty much gasping and today I hadn't really thought about it until just now!  We had to pull a blanket over us because the windows were all open and a cold breeze was wafting across - love it when it goes in my face.  I think I actually dropped off to sleep smiling at the breeze on my face!

Much cooler here too with a chilly breeze - IMHO perfect!! Have found that we've been much busier and got far more done over the last few days - the cooler temps are perfect for tidying up the garden, catching up on the ironing, tennis for the boys etc. I almost feel we've lost the first couple of weeks school hols to the heat :(