soapdragon

Menopause Magnets - Any Good?

With apologies to the gentlemen on the forum :oops: .......has anyone used magnets to help with menopause symptoms? At 51 (next week :dance: / :shock: ) tho I have no symptoms (OH says I am turning more and more grumpy :doh: ) I wonder if I should forestall the onset :think: General advice seems to be to use whatever method (natural or otherwise) before the whole shebang kicks in with a vengance!

Have looked at supplements but they are very expensive esp with poor OH just made redundant (I know this has been covered in another thread a few months back too.) I cannot take HRT due to DCIS and the GP thinks that even the phyto oestrogens may be a no-no (on the basis that oestrogen is oestrogen, whatever the source) but she has promised to double check with the breast clinic - waiting to hear.

I have heard about magnets that you can clip onto your pants :o sort of around the waist/lower abdomen area. Thats about the only other thing that I have found that doesn't involve expensive tablets or oestrogen in whatever form.

As always, any thoughts, hints, tips etc much appreciated 8)

I've not heard of the magnets but when I hit 50 I thought it would all be over but it's not. I'm all over the place with it at 56 and no sign of things calming down. I've just done menopace for the first time over the last month and I already feel improved. You can get them at a good price on Amazon. 90 tablets of Menopace Original for £11. Three months worth of hormone regulation for around £3 a month. Having never used them before and seein g and feeling the difference I think that is money well spent. I keep getting compliments, MS said " Your face looks nice" and I do wonder if it's the supplements.

As for being grumpy - I embrace it and use it. If I get attitude from any men when I'm feeling wrong i tell them to back off and that I am feeling hormonally unbalanced. They do! Why should women pretend it's not happening, it is and we should use it.

I tried to raise my boys to be open-minded about periods, I mostly succeeded. It should be like any bodily function, it's not right to discuss it anywhere but it shouldn't feel like an embarrassing secret which was how I was raised and I resent that. Little rant there. Your timing is spot on - I'm feeling hormonally unbalanced today!

Yes, I did wonder if I might get stuck to something, sett off alarm bells or generally mess up the whole till system in the supermarket.....kind of hoping I might; sounds like fun :lol:

Patsylabrador - I may well try the Menopace from Amazon; I hadn't thought of looking on there! As an aside, would you mind PM-ing me as I have something that you might like/find interesting and am happy to send to you 8)

Also recall, some years ago when it was totally irellevant so I didn't pay any attention, a couple of the more mature ladies in the office discussing 'menopause bread'; I gather its full of certain seeds but not sure if that ticks the oestrogen box :think:

Yes, I did wonder if I might get stuck to something, sett off alarm bells or generally mess up the whole till system in the supermarket.....kind of hoping I might; sounds like fun :lol:

Patsylabrador - I may well try the Menopace from Amazon; I hadn't thought of looking on there! As an aside, would you mind PM-ing me as I have something that you might like/find interesting and am happy to send to you 8)

Also recall, some years ago when it was totally irellevant so I didn't pay any attention, a couple of the more mature ladies in the office discussing 'menopause bread'; I gather its full of certain seeds but not sure if that ticks the oestrogen box :think:

Edited to add; Patsylabrador sadly I can't PM you back.......you can use my e mail and maybe give me yours to reply :think: ?

Hey there Soapdragon.

I think I've sent you my email address and I also realised that I had PM access turned off on my profile preferences.

If you received my email address please use it as I would like that and it would be nice.

I also realised my maths was up to it's usual standard and I think it would be around £4 a month - still a good deal. (for the Menopace on Amazon)

I tried the magnets, it worked for a short while but it was just the placebo effect.

I did keep sticking to things such as the shopping trolley also any pants with saggy elastic fell down under the weight of the magnets,

Save your money.

I don't have magnets for the menopause, but wear a bracelet for pre-arthritis in my thumbs, this seems to work.

I had a surgically induced, early menopause, and was on a herbal menopause supplement for about a year, with good results, but it stopped working, and after several false starts, and not getting on with HRT pills, I have had patches for the last few years, and they are wonderful. I hope that you get things sorted.

This has made me smile - I really can't imagine magnets in my knickers :shock:

I'm not sure how much you can try to pre-empt menopausal symptoms. There are so many of them, and until you know what your particular problem is, then I'm not sure how you could tackle it effectively. You never know you might escape very lightly and not notice much difference! I would say enjoy being pre/peri menopausal whilst you can and try not to worry too much until something happens.

At 57 and at last I have been free for a few months. Whooo hoo. Not taking anything but battling it out on my own. I did try a brand of tablets but they couldn't confirm that they had vegetarian gelatine so I stopped taking them. The hot flushes are few and far between now. But I never heard of magnets, now that would have been amusing! However I am scoffing sushi regularly and now I see there are seaweed snacks with wasabi. Only 2 calories per sheet and that's probably the wasabi! Yum!

Both grandparents had copper bracelets - I believe it was for arthritis (although my nan didn't have arthritis at all - heyyy it worked then :lol: ) and grandad's didn't seem to help him much either!

The only plus side is that I seem to be generally warmer and where I used to turn the heating on and hubby whinged, the roles are reversed and he turns the heating on now and I tell him off instead.

Only paper clips? Thats a relief but I bet airport security would be fun :lol:

Wise advice about pre empting symptoms.....maybe I should just see what happens :think:

Its a funny old thing, the menopause! As women we seem to spend so much of our earlier lives trying desperatley to either get pregnant or not get pregnant that, once all thats over and done its a bit of a blank as to what happens next :shock: !