dancing cloud

Tempting a dog to eat? Final update

Thank you everyone for all your understanding and support. The time has come and Kia's going on her final journey to the vets this morning :cry:

We had a lovely day with her yesterday, as she sat in the garden watching the world go by and counting her chickens but we cannot get her to eat, and the vet has done so many tests and cannot tell us what is wrong, let alone how to cure it.

Time to let her go :(

Glad you had a good day with her yesterday, this is indeed the hardest part of owning pets but it's a privilege to be able to do this for her while she is free from pain and still has dignity. Big hugs - you've done everything you could but it's her time.

So sorry. We were in the same position a couple of weeks ago. It is such a difficult decision to take but when they are so ill we found comfort that 3 different vets said it was the right one and the one there at the end was very reassuring that we had done the right thing.

Thinking of you

Chrissie

So sorry to hear your news about Kia. Sounds like she had a fab life, and you are doing the kindest thing. Dogs generally love their food. Pretty much live for it in my experience, so when they go off it, even cheese! then its probably a good sign something is wrong. I hope you are okay today. I love my pets, but am a complete mess when it comes to saying goodbye to them. Neela is my first dog, and I have promised I will be with her till the end, no matter what. Usually I am too upset to go with hubby and pet for their final trip.

Run free Kia over that rainbow bridge xxx