Luvachicken

Lovely nature in the garden.

A couple of weeks ago 8 little Great Tit babies left my nest box in the front garden :D

A week after that just 1 Blue Tit baby left my other nest box in the back garden.

The last few days I have been checking the nest box camera in the Great Tit box to find some new bits of nest have appeared and Mrs Great Tit sleeping in there at night. Today when I checked the camera a new egg has appeared :D

I have never been fortunate enough to have a second brood in any of my nest boxes so I am really pleased.

I have also had a Thrush in the garden for the last week feasting on slugs and snails - very pretty.

And there are loads of tadpoles in my pond :D

Anyone else got some nice nature stories to share ?

No animal apart from the usual feathery suspects, but loads of flowers "appeared".

I've got some digitalis that found it's way into the garden. Also the aquilegia has mutiplied vastly. Wild strawberries cover most ground and the Lythraceae is almost flowering. Cropping up everywhere too!

Cat tails, I have loads of aquilegia - they seed everywhere :D

And I have foxgloves too although not so many bees on them this year.

Going to look up your other plant.

ANH some birds will come eventually. My parents haven't had a bird nest in their box for a long time but they got one this year :D

We've been lucky this year - we can hear baby Little Owls in the old oak behind the house, hissing. Our Yellowhammers are back at the feeder after going missing last year, and for the first time we've got Yellow Wagtails, which I've never seen before in my life!

Cat tails, I have loads of aquilegia - they seed everywhere :D

And I have foxgloves too although not so many bees on them this year.

Going to look up your other plant.

ANH some birds will come eventually. My parents haven't had a bird nest in their box for a long time but they got one this year :D

I had to look up the English name too. Purple loosestrife! In Dutch it's called Cat tails :wink:

Although some seem to be getting blueish flowers instead of purple.

I have lots and lots of foxgloves,also some nice yellow poppies have appeared in odd places, I shall try and move them later. Not seen too many baby birds this year. George the lab did bring a baby bunny into the kitchen. It appeared fine and cowered in the corner. Am so glad it didn't go into bedroom. I would have had a right fright. We put it out and it hopped away.

I found this little one on the front lawn yesterday, no mum or dad around and it was not chirping. It was under the palm tree so not sure if it fell from the nest ( blue tit nested in palm last year), it did not look ready to fledge. Sadly it did not make it poor little thing9691edf6-aa62-4e82-b40d-adb6f1f8e46b_zpsae5pqxir.jpg~original.

We've had so many baby birds this year, they're eating us out of house and home! Known in our house as "flutteries" because of the way they flutter when first trying to land on feeders, or stand there fluttering at their parents in the hope they'll still be fed. Lots of flutteries this year :D

Tawny and little owls have been heard, but not seen. Hardly any bats, where we used to have loads :( .

Seen naughty little fox that had a chomp on my girlies last year :shameonu: . She's still small and smooth-furred, and very pale pink in colour, so easily recognisable. Both girlies are safely locked up this year, so she can look but not touch!

Love reading about all of the things in everybody's gardens :D

Cat tails, how posh to have a plant named after you :D

I now have Mr and Mrs Thrush coming into the garden for most of the day.

It is really fascinating watching them bashing the snails on the path and wiping off the slime :vom:

I even found myself hunting for snails stuck in trellis between the fence and popping them near to where the thrushes have found the best snail spot :lol:

Pleased to say that there are now 4 little eggs for the second batch of Great Tit eggs :D

Just a little update to say that 4 Great Tit babies are about to leave the nest :D

There were 6 eggs altogether for the second batch and they did all hatch but 2 of them hatched about 3 days after the others and never really caught up.

I will miss all their squawking and chatter from the box.