Egluntyne

Induction hob

We have no gas down our lane so when it came to choosing I went with ceramic purely because I love my pans and didn't want to change them all. Therefore can't comment on induction but within a week I adapted to my ceramic hob and to be fair it's pretty responsive.

We're having a new kitchen in the next few weeks, it should be in this time next month, and we have decided to have an induction hob - if we had gas I would have chosen a gas hob/oven because of its responsiveness. But I was assured in the showroom that induction hobs are just as responsive, and don't burn things on the bottom of pans. We thought we might as well get one ... I have since been checking all my pans with a magnet, to see if they are likely to be OK for induction hobs. Only one or two were not. I will report back when I have tried my hob.

I have one and love it, sadly I will miss it when we move house in a couple of weeks, going into rented with a ceramic hob :(

It is quick to boil and is definately as responsive as gas, one plus feature is the hob doesn't get overly hot so is quite safe. When I make jam I lay a tea towel between hob and pan so if I boil over, just chuck tea towel in washing machine and no sticky hob.

Given the choice I would choose induction over gas.

I 'inherited' a kitchen with a (very old) induction hob.

Swore that I hated it and would never get used to it.

A few years on and I would never go back to gas.

Yes it's as quick, I think (but I use heavy pans so nothing is *that* quick)

It seems to retain more heat than gas - so perhaps less responsive in turning heat down (but this is 20+ years old, theyve probably improved)

I love the cleaner lines, ease of cleaning up, cleaner saucepans, no flames up the side of pans etc

I LOVE mine. I had a ceramic hob before which was great but this is impressive and reminds me a bit of cooking on gas. I wouldn't even have thought of using a cloth between the pan and the induction hob though, so when I make jam again I shall give it a go. Might be worth doing when I fry foods to mop up oil splatter :think:

I've had mine a year now, used to have gas and loved my gas....but yes I love my induction hob, v responsive and better contact with th saucepan so more efficient. The only downside for me was having to change all my pans which I'd had since we got married.,hanging onto them for when's get a motorhome though ! :)

I've had mine a year now, used to have gas and loved my gas....but yes I love my induction hob, v responsive and better contact with th saucepan so more efficient. The only downside for me was having to change all my pans which I'd had since we got married.,hanging onto them for when's get a motorhome though ! :)

I was lucky, when I bought mine last year from JL as they came with an offer of a free set of saucepans, although it took about a month before they arrived. Also most of my old saucepans did actually work on the hob, which was good as I had a nice collection of expensive saucepans and didn't want to have to replace them. I do still get the odd occasion though when I forget, like at Christmas when I borrowed someone's steamer and couldn't understand why the water wouldn't heat up :lol: