emmalou

Washable chicken coop mats

A website sent me a link through a few weeks ago for heavy duty washable poop mats for the bottom of the roosting section. Unfortunately I have lost the link and would like to now buy one. They are just like a heavy duty washable plastic sheet, (thicker than just tarpaulin). Can anyone help? It was on one of the more well known websites for chickens but cannot for the life of me find it.

As usual though with this website, delivery kills it. 20 euros to france which is horrendous. They would get much more business if their delivery costs were more reasonable.

Yes it is a good idea but will not pay such ridiculous delivery costs. I am using garden sheeting cut to size atm and wash and reuse it a few times then bin it.

If anyone finds it else where please let me know. I cannot find it anywhere.

Yes, I was using newspaper but sometimes they flap in the roosting area and it was flying around everywhere and find the plastic sheet stays flat if they flap around. I thought the paper would work and have stacks of the stuff but only use it now to line the nest boxes now.

Just be wary of any mites using the extra layer as a hiding place!

Sadly, paper and cardboard are favourites for this.

I never thought of that! I've been using newspaper and throw in a couple of handfuls of woodchips. I think I will just use the woodchips now. Thanks.

Soon I will get my signature set up, new to this forum.