The Dogmother

Easter accident

You poor thing, and how irritating Clare and you really do have my sympathies, I am in the process of researching cars (again...) as my first car got written off after only 6 months of owning it 3 weeks ago on the A14, where I was hit by a lorry which was coming back into the left hand lane and hadn't seen me. I simply had no where to go, half drove on the grass to try and escape it's path and realised I could neither slow down in time for it (traffic behind me) or accelerate around it (not enough space). I ended up being hit side on, whereupon I was then being pushed along (drivers side against his radiator grill) waiting for him to stop and hoping I wasn't going to end up in the middle lane. The impact speed was actually minimal as we were travelling at very similiar speeds, and the airbags didn't even go off.

Fortunately it has all been sorted out fairly swiftly though, and I received a cheque in the post just under 3 weeks after the event, now I just have the hassle of replacing the car, and really don't have the time at the minute, as field season beckons again.

Don't laugh - when I worked on the estate, we had Green Goddess fire engines and a Chieftain tank, both of which I have driven. Also the Saviem troop carrier we used as a gun bus for the shoots!!! I have driven a tank before, but prefer a tractor.... would certainly solve the parking issues :wink:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: mind from what My uncle and cousin have said about the Green Goddess that's the one I wouldn't want to drive Uncle drive one in 'anger' in the first fire strike cousin only trained on one

They drive like pigs sjp - very high centre of gravity, so they are quite unstable. The Boss wanted to convert one of them into a gun bus, but the engineer pointed out that they would topple over on the uneven terrain :roll: we ended up using them as water bowsers for filling up livestock troughs and watering in new trees.