The Dogmother

Easter accident

Sorry, been away with my dad and not a lot has happened TBH.

Had an emailed letter yesterday from the solicitor saying that they had received admission of guilt from the other party... "Yeeeesss, I know that because I sent it to you!!!!" And that I have the go-ahead to see a physio at the guilty party's expense; I have emailed back to ask if there's an approved person in my area who I have to see, or if I can book with a physio who I know.

On the injury front, the finger is still sore, especially in the morning; I think that the worst of the damage is soft tissue - it is very like when I dislocated a finger on the other hand. Quite a few things are difficult or sore to do with that hand, including typing. I have a follow-up appt with the fracture clinic next week, and have just had a text from the solicitor's independent medical firm to make an appt for an assessment.

20170417_072012_resized_zpsolnks6ji.jpg

you sure it soft tissue damage. I've that a couple of times but I cleared up after a week or so but even when I smacked my hand with a hammer it didn't look like that. My big toe did through when I developed gout in it the A&E consultant diagnosed soft tissue damage gave Me a course of pain killers it took a trip to the GP about 10 days later to sort it out give the GP his due through he called it before I'd got me boot off and told me what I hadn't done to cause the gout working out in the sun without enough to drink

It's all a bit inconclusive sjp; the doctor in A&E thought he could see a fracture, the consultant in outpatients the next day couldn't see one. It remained swollen and bruised for about a week. The symptoms are almost identical to when I dislocated a different finger last year and tore the ligaments/tendons.

Thanks, as you know, I could (and have!) walked around on a broken ankle before now; I have a high pain threshold and am not one to whinge, but have been advised that I should take all that they are offering. I will interrogate the consultant next week, although I didn't see a break on the x-rays either.

I think you'd be wise to get it thouroughly checked...hopefully the other chaps insurance will pay so do make sure that you take full advantage of that to ensure that it is properly addressed. Sometimes, if things are not set right etc it can lead to arthritis setting in etc.

I am assuming that you are going to the NOC - as a matter of interest, who is your consultant? There is one hand chap there in particular who is ace...happy to pass on his name? (You may recall that ortho is OH's field!)

OK, so you're not going to believe this.... someone hit my 'new' car today!!!

I was driving on a small industrial estate nearby, I know it well and the roads are rather potholed, so I was driving slowly. There's a crossroads, where i had precedence and was due to turn left; A Clio came bombing out from the area on the right, straight across without seeing me and down the roadway I was turning into. I was driving carefully and stopped when i saw him, I don't think he even saw me! I turned left and drove alongside some units, when he reversed out at great speed into the rear driver's side bumper of my car. I didn't see properly what had happened as he was sort of just on the edge of my field of vision, but I caught a glimpse of something silver shooting at me (not sure whether I saw it in the wing mirror or out of the corner of my eye) I put my foot down to avoid a collision, but was just too late and he caught the back of my car. :roll:

Damage is superficial and a large-ish area of s"Ooops, word censored!"ed and dented bumper. He admitted liability and said that he hadn't seen me; I''m afraid that I pointed out that that's what rear view and wing mirrors are for, and wondered aloud how he could have not seen a pretty big 4x4. Sooo, got his details, took photos, all the usual stuff and checked his mobile number was correct by calling him as we stood there.

Now begins the hassle of getting quotes for the repair and a hire vehicle GAAAAHHH!!! :evil::roll: I just want to keep a straight car for more than a couple of months, wouldn't mind but I am a very careful and considerate driver.

Oh no! How frustrating.

I remember a time when I had so many incidents like this that I began to wonder if I'd got a target painted on the roof of my car! Glad it wasn't too serious this time but it's still really annoying that you've got to go through it all again.

Agggh! Sorry to hear you have had another unfortunate incident. On the bright side at least you were unscathed on this occasion.

When looking for your next vehicle why not try 'Tanks R Us'!

The paperwork is a nightmare though so hope all goes through smoothly; at least the driver has admitted responsibility.

Agggh! Sorry to hear you have had another unfortunate incident. On the bright side at least you were unscathed on this occasion.

When looking for your next vehicle why not try 'Tanks R Us'! the insurance would be cheaper you only need 3rd party but their a bit pricey at the moment and the gas mileage is none existent :lol:

The paperwork is a nightmare though so hope all goes through smoothly; at least the driver has admitted responsibility.

Don't laugh - when I worked on the estate, we had Green Goddess fire engines and a Chieftain tank, both of which I have driven. Also the Saviem troop carrier we used as a gun bus for the shoots!!! I have driven a tank before, but prefer a tractor.... would certainly solve the parking issues :wink:

Oh no DM. What bad luck. I am pleased that you are not injured this time.

Some drivers amaze me. The other day on my way to school I experienced road rage I didn't think this sort of thing happened in Rutland. At a small village roundabout I waited for two cars, the car behind me was sounding his horn at me. He then followed me through the village. I kept just under the 30 mph speed limit, there were children walking to school. He was on my bumper until we got round a bend then whizzed past me. Still in the 30 limit but that obviously didn't bother him as he went past he was shouting at me and gesturing as he drove off into the distance at speed.

DM I hope you get the insurance claim sorted without any problems.

Chrissie

Cor..... would LOOOOOOVe one of those!!!!

OH has pointed out that had he hit the back end of my vehicle instead of the rear wing, he would have been worse off as he'd have been caught up on the tow hook.

Oh well, he is being helpful and polite so far; he wants to sort this out directly rather than via insurers (I suspect that he is in his mid-twenties, so they would hammer him hard on his premiums). Fine by me so long as he pays up for the repairs and the hire car that I will need while mine is being repaired. Hopefully that won't take more than 2 or 3 days.

Sorry to hear that Chrissie, he will get his comeuppance; I am a firm believer in karma.

We've had something similar happening near our work - a Wickes lorry has been driving very fast and aggressively along the main road by our office - tailgating and exceeding the limit. It was the talk of the office, then he did it to me and was closely followed into the village by a colleague of mine. We both got the licence plate, and I emailed the company, I had a response that they were passing it on to the local outlet, but I haven't heard anything since. I did offer that if they were short of any other complaints about his driving, then I would be happy to ask all my colleagues who had been similarly affected to email in as well.

This road runs into a 40mph zone some 600 yards from our office, and then into a 30mph limit about 200 yards after that. There are often speed traps in the village, so I am hoping that he gets caught.