craftyhunnypie

Dumped!

DId anyone watch this last night? How gross was it! I don't think I could camp for 3 weeks on a rubbish dump could you? I'd be so worried about catching something, cutting myself and breathing in all that dust. It can't be healthy! They haven't even got special clothing - just rigger gloves. They don't wear face masks - it just can't be good for them!

I do however, think it is good to see what they will make use of & recycle.

It made us realise, that by me & hubby being hoarders, we are actually protecting the enviroment! :wink:

I thought their shelter was terrible. I would have made a more solid construction, like a large chicken coop with a roof that sloped backwards. They did find loads of fence panels & paletts, but just used those for flooring!???? :roll:

A good programme, but I'm not sure how safe it is - I'll ask my dad as he is a manager for a waste recycling company!

Emma.x

I watched it, i thought it was interesting but i dont think people want to watch it becuse they want to learn about recycling i think people watch it becasue its funny to see all these people stuck in a big land fill!

I didnt think there shelter was very good either, cant see it lasting 3 weeks. It looked more like a very bad tent. I admire them for sticking to it (well most of them) and i was rather impressed with there shower, very clever! I couldnt do it! I wouldnt be able to cope with all the bird poo and magots!

xx

I watched it, i thought it was interesting but i dont think people want to watch it becuse they want to learn about recycling i think people watch it becasue its funny to see all these people stuck in a big land fill!

I didnt think there shelter was very good either, cant see it lasting 3 weeks. It looked more like a very bad tent. I admire them for sticking to it (well most of them) and i was rather impressed with there shower, very clever! I couldnt do it! I wouldnt be able to cope with all the bird poo and magots!

xx

shes right you know but bird poo, you do keep chickens right?:D :D :D

oooo they could have found a load of plastic cola bottles (some people don't think to separate their waste....& they could have built a large greenhouse. It would have been nice & warm! Or perhaps they could have found some polystyrene for a bit of insulation. I'd like to be given a load of ' clean junk' and be asked to make something from it, but I wouldn't like to be on the dump.

I'm sure they could have found better things than a tarpaulin for a roof!!!

I thought the scaffold poles were good but should have been used in a better way! Gosh I have been to Goa in India twice now & most of the shops there are shacks built from ' clean rubbish'. They are very colourful, imaginative and strong. Built from plastic coated drinks cartons, corrugated metel & plastic, beer crates, pallets etc etc. They are fabulous!

Wonder what they will make tonight??? On every night in place of Big brother!

Emma.x

I thought it was an interesting programme, if it makes a few people consider what they put in landfill then I guess it has served a purpose. Some of the characters though :roll: !

Off on a tangent (apologies) - there is a house around the corner from mine that does not recycle a thing. If I walk past on bin day they always have about 4 or 5 plastic sacks for collection (we have weekly collections) and as the bags are reasonably see-through I always notice cardboard packaging, cans, bottles etc mixed in with everything else. It takes no time at all to attempt even the most basic recycling. We have doorstep pickups of paper/card/bottles/cans etc grrrrrrrrr it drives me mad! :evil: Perhaps I'm being too critical - but I doubt it :?

It was quite an interesting programme yesterday, but what annoyed me was the fact that they kept moaning and saying they lived in c*@p and really that's they whole point of it. Yet they still can't see that they're partly to blame for it.

Next year the local council are going to let us recycle card and plastic in the curb recycling boxes, which is really good as at the minute you have to drive all the way to the tip, which kind of defeats the object. Plus it should mean Wheelie bins will be less full too! :D

I saw both episodes last night & really enjoyed the show.I found it very thought provoking.

The Hubby liked it too.He is one of those amazingly practical people who can make anything & he kept saying,they should have done this.............

I love Aaron,the camp red headed guy, but how nutty was the woman who just wanted to make an art intsillation?

Is that the one that sounds American & is into meditation??? She is a wierdo & very annoying! Haven't seen last nights yet - will watch it later. What did they have to make last night??? Did they make a better shelter?

Emma.x

Yep, thats the one Emma. Far too airy fairy for me :lol:

No better shelter,& they had to make a toilet 8)

I thought it was an interesting programme, if it makes a few people consider what they put in landfill then I guess it has served a purpose. Some of the characters though :roll: !

Off on a tangent (apologies) - there is a house around the corner from mine that does not recycle a thing. If I walk past on bin day they always have about 4 or 5 plastic sacks for collection (we have weekly collections) and as the bags are reasonably see-through I always notice cardboard packaging, cans, bottles etc mixed in with everything else. It takes no time at all to attempt even the most basic recycling. We have doorstep pickups of paper/card/bottles/cans etc grrrrrrrrr it drives me mad! :evil: Perhaps I'm being too critical - but I doubt it :?

id ring the council and tell them about these people! or id post them a letter [ through royal mail not by hand they could be evil] and leave it annoymous.

i think they should bring fines in for people who dont recyle.