Grandmashazzie

E Bay

9 minutes ago, Grandmashazzie said:

Oh, thank you, that will be reason. I am now looking round house with an appraising eye. I have a stack of Action men that are cluttering up the toy room that are next. Do you use the printed labels that eBay ask you to print or do your own postage .

I always buy postage through eBay and use their labels. If you do, you get a slightly better postage rate than through the post office - although it's a matter of pence, so it's not going to change your world financially.

They have actually made the process a lot easier in the last few months, so now you can pre-select certain options and enter the weight.

If you're selling old action figures, check their value first - some of them may be collectors items and may be worth more than you'd expect, especially if they're in good condition and quite old. I collect action figures myself (sad hobby for someone my age, I know). I've spent a small fortune replacing some of the figures I had as a child and then threw away.

The figures are obviously worth more if they're from a collectable series like Star Trek or Doctor Who etc., but I suspect there will be at least a small market for something like Action Man too.

Thank you Andy Roo, yes some were my sons, he’s 35 and some I bought second hand locally. My foster boys are only interested in football and PlayStation now. So boxed games and books have gone into school. Others into charity shop so if I can flog some it will go to lorry of top soil to level their football pitch, previously known as my lawn.

I use the standard 2nd class postage - amazing what you can post for £2.95! We are lucky in having a small, village PO just round the corner so easy for me! Do bear in mind that you will be charged a final value fee, fee on postage and a fee by Paypal and so make sure you price accordingly to take this into account! I now only list when E Bay have the £1 final value fee so that I know all I'll pay then is the £1 then whatever Paypal takes. 

Since E Bay and postage went up I don't list nearly as much as I used to...Gumtree is good but you have to offer a fixed price. As AndyRoo wisely says....check your figures out first Grandma. If you are not in a rush then you could keep an eye on what is selling for what on E Bay for the next few weeks so you know where to pitch your starting prices.

What really winds me up though is really cheeky offers - currently have a 'buyer' who wants YS several lovely, unworn  thermal PJs for pence. She has made some very silly offers and now, with her offer option running out, keeps e mailing me - grrr!

Yes use gumtree a lot for bikes etc and furniture,sold a lot when moving house. This is more for things that people probably wouldn’t look on gumtree for.  Well printed off eBay postage label and tootled off to post. This has already been scanned said lady! Back home husband emailed EBay who sorted so another trip to post office. Not sure I am winning here. Yes people are annoying I have pine dresser, mirror and stool on gumtree for very little. Good pictures and suggested perfect for up cycling as solid wood. I have had 5 people asking if I still have it, I reply, Yes and never here back. I have never had that before.