patsylabrador

Just a strange thought

Do any of you feel guilty about times you've told your kids off in the past when you know that the problem was yours?Tiredness, frustration, whatever. I feel so horrible sometimes when I think I was really mean and I'll tell them how horrible I feel about times I shouted at them when they were little. One time I remember was when one of my boys 'tidied' up the garden by cutting off all the flower buds which he thought were dead flowers. I was really cross but he was being so kind really. I was just not in the right place to react kindly. I hate that memory and I often say that I feel so bad. They say, did you Mum? I didn't remember that but now you owe me a pint 🍻

I would say the snipping off of the flowers would make a great story, especially for the grandkids!

Don’t have any kids, but as a teacher I can relate. Not all days are great and filled with sunshine. But I need to be able put it in perspective, otherwise it will be a very strenuous and loooong career. 

We all do things we are not proud of, but as long there is enough to balance it, there is no point in dwelling on it.

• Like 1

Wow!  I was perfect!:liar::lol:  I remember 2 incidents that my mother was horrible to me with but then, she's always been unpleasant at times.  Those damned if you do and damned if you don't types of people.  Actually MIL is worse!  Still, with my own children, my son says I was a fair mum and tried to do things right - so whatever happened in the past hasn't been held against me! My daughter can't stay away!  The good times conquer all.