Eggselent

Can I fit them in??

Hello

i had an Eglu and chooks a few years ago and have been desperate to get back. Life has changed somewhat and my lovely big wir and free range garden are no longer an option. But I think a cube with a run extension sites on woodchip with 3 fancy hybrids may work...... i could then let them out into the rest of the garden when I’m home. I’ve attached an awful pic of my garden, excuse the dog pee grass.... thinking over to the left as the Balfour is to the right. Maybe cube facing window?

what do people think? 

Cube vs up?

How do you get on with permanent siting? 

General other tips? 

3A977F7A-0E8D-4CF7-A925-B5443A6649F5.jpeg

I would have a look at the dimensions on the main Omlet site and allow for room around the installation for cleaning etc. The original mark 1 cube is brilliant - I wouldn't bother with a Go Up, but that's just my personal opinion.

You may be a bit tight for space there, but it's hard to tell without any measurements.

If you can afford it I’d go for a second hand Cube mark 1 over a Go Up - more run space.

I had 4 bantams in a garden that size who were in a 3m Go run while I was at work and then out in the garden when we were home. They were OK in here but they will completely get rid of all the grass within a few weeks.

Thankyou both! I’ll go and pace put the garden I think. Having thoughts of sitting on woodchip, possibly with the cube at the far end facing back so we have a clear view of the girls heading to bed!

Is the Eglu run rat proof? 

Any tips on permanent siting and making the run chicken appealing and pretty? 

The old Cube is much easier to clean, although cleaning the run is not good for the back.  I wouldn't bother with a Go - up or down.  To me the room is not as good.  Also I don't like the new Cube.  I can't see my brahma boy fitting through that door, let alone the girls!  Sometimes old is better.  Rats made more teeth marks in the Eglu than the cube - and I caught Pippin biting lumps out of the peanut drinker that I thought was rat damage but no - she was a bad mood bear!  Although perhaps she was filing down her beak?  

Whatever you choose in the end, enjoy as much as before!