Cate in NZ

OMLET GET-TOGETHER KEW 14TH JAN 2006

.... coming to London on an ALSTOM Pendolino (hoping it will be tilting for the kids - V. exciting)!!! 8)

..oh, that's good, travelling by, er, um, oh yes, I know the one, Dan. :P

Just off to check what rolling stock Thameslink will have that day, they use cattletrucks on commuter days :roll: (4 carriages at peak when the platform is full :roll::wink: )

Seriously, really glad you're all coming to Kew..yes, we're excited!

Thanks Clare, Richard and KateA.

We're actually staying at the Travel Inn right by the London Eye so Waterloo is right by there. I was only going over the bridge to Westminster because it is on the District Line.

So, I should be able to do Waterloo to Kew by train? I'll go back and look properly at the messages.

We looked at the River Boats - anything rather than use the Tube - i don't care how cold it is, sleet, snow, hail - anything but the Tube :?

I'm making badges for the four of us.

That's exactly what I thought Kate, but I wa fine as long as I looked out rather than down.

Rosie loved it, but insisted on sitting on the floor and pointing out tiny things below :roll: I was ok so long as I hung on tight to the rail and didn't look down. I am glad that I made the effort to do it as it was so beautiful.

I've done it by day and it was wonderful, could see for miles. Now I think I'd like to do it at night, ideally with gentle snowflakes fluttering past :roll:

Fabulous news that you're coming Dan, really looking forward to meeting you :D:D, as well as everyone else too. Yes, I'm getting excited too :roll::P:P:P

A quick PS for Ginette, I'm not sure what's been happening to the PM's, I've just recieved 1 from you, and have now replied, hopefully the sytems working again :wink:

I love the Eye - done it by day and night. This time it will be sunset. It is My, Lauren's and daughter's Birthday present - from me and Carl. Vikki's birthday is on the 14th and Lauren's is on the 12th. Son and girlfriend are coming as well - the only person who won't go on it is SIL but he can wait at the bottom and have coffee :D

Can we all wear some sort of badge...we will get all confused possibly...ok I will :oops::oops:

I'm not creative but will have a sticky badge saying buffie and mikey, won't want to wear but hopefull will wear his mikey badge.

Getting excited :P:D:D

How many of us are actually going now :?

BBx

I agree about the badges, it'll make us all instantly recognisable, whether we choose to wear an avatar or name badge. I'm planning on printing off my avatar for Imy & I.

Who's coming :? To be honest even I'm not entirely sure, could be some great suprises ahead as a lot of people have expressed interest but not all of those have been able to book ahead or come back to confirm yet.

As far as I'm aware the list so far is:

Super Kate

Sheila

Mel

Buffie & Mikey,

Helen (maxhen)

Clare, Phil & Rosie

Ginette & her daughters

Myself & Imy

Lesley & Carl (& possibly Lauren & Jake :? )

Dan, Debs, Jules & Harry

Annie W

Clare* & Ben

Christine, possibly, if she's finished her assignment, so off the forum now Christine, go and get it finished :wink:

Some as yet unidentified representative from Omlet (sadly not James, he has to be elsewhere :( ) , but if we can get Simon and his Omlet boxers will that tempt you down too Louise :?:D:D

If I've forgotten anyone many apologies, please just PM me and I'll happily add you to the list.

I had to sort out the advance bookings just before Christmas in order to get the info and payment to Kew in time, so those who are already booked and paid hopefully already know about it, but anyone else joining the group on the day, and unfortunately entering at the same time as us is necessary for this, will qualify for a discount. Obviously anyone can enter at any time and still join us, but if will have to pay full price. I'll PM my mobile phone number to anyone who wants it, so that any late arrivals can meet up with the group.

To all those who have sent cheques I've deliberately not cashed them yet, I thought it was better that way because if anyone ended up not being able to make it because of some unforseen catastrophe (but don't any of you dare :shock: ) I could simply sell on your ticket to another member of the group and destroy the cheque. I'll present them all after next weekend :wink:

BTW if anyone fancies masquerading as a coach driver we're allowed to take our driver in with us for free :wink: Carl, Dan :?:?:?:? Pity it's not a train driver Dan else it would definitely be right up your street :D

Edited by Guest

I am handing you my organisational hat to wear. How wonderful kateA you've worked hard to get this happening so thanks. Boxers ummmmn all sounding a bit interesting. I'm putting my lippy on for sure!! well I would as it's nice to dress up these days, always covered in something rather questionable. :lol::lol::lol:

I

I'm hoping we (Darren and I) can make it. I'm just looking at the cost of of it all, as we are seriously skint.

I've managed to find train tickets for the both of us for £60, but then we have to pay for the tube and entrance fees. I wonder if it would be cheaper to drive. I've parked in Hammersmith plenty of times and it's only around £7.00 for the whole day....Hhhmmmm....

got MIL's birthday that weekend too........

I'll be ever so jealous if I can't come. Me and Sarahjo will have to have our own party on the forum that day :D

Sarah I'm so sorry it's not possible for you to come too, but when I started planning it I was, fairly obviously, looking at something with an easy commute for me :roll: I'd love to meet you too :D

I know the Omlet boys have been nagged half to death about an Oxfordshire/ Omlet HQ get-together but maybe if we keep trying something around there might happen eventually :?:?:?:?

Gina, again it'd be brilliant if you and Darren (& Bean) could make it too. There is a car park at Kew, spaces for 300 cars for £3.50 a day, or for free on Kew road, I'll need to find the link and post it. Obviously if at the end of the day you can't make it we'll understand, and I'm sure there'll be another opportunity to meet up. We could get Darren in as the coach driver if that'd help :wink: I'll even drag my Christmas tree along if that'd persuade you- might get a few funny looks though :shock:

What I omitted from my last posting is that I'd hate that list to sound exclusive, I know that loads of others have expressed interest, Mrs Blue Sky, Jules, Karen, grd, Liz, Tizzi and several others whom I forget now :oops::oops::oops: . Some of you, I hope are still interested, I know some of you had distance and other factors to consider first, and I know that some of few were probably fairly harassed by me :oops::oops::oops: . I just wanted to say that everyone is welcome, no matter if you've had your chickens from day 1, or for 5 mins, if you're on the forum, you're welcome. I have endeavoured to PM most Londoners, or near Londoners, but I'm sure I've missed quite a few out, not deliberately, just through time, coincidence or rotten geography :roll:

All welcome :D:D:D

Quick edit, Kew directions, public transport & parking info; http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/visitor/findkew.html

Edited by Guest

I may have to cancel if I have to get arty and make a badge with my avatar on. It was hard enough getting the avatar onto my profile as it was. :oops:

Don't you dare Mel :shock:

Just your name will do, or I can print off your avatar (I hope :roll: ) when I do mine if you'd like. Not tried doing mine yet though :oops: . Could yet be a sticky label and a marker pen job :wink:

I'm rubbish at technology but all you do is right click and save it in pics and i've stuck it on a word document and stuck mikey and buffie under my avatar. You are coming even if you just stick Mel on a post it!"!!! :wink::lol::lol:

Hope you can make it Gina would be lovely to see you both ( well all 3) :D and of course all who haven't yet decided. Sorry not to meet you sarahJo, we will meet at some point! :D

BBx

:shock::wink: Just had a giggle to myself ... a bit sad really ... how are the moving avatars going to MOVE. Or will buffie be swinging her hips, and Kate A, constantly breaking eggs :P:?::lol: .

Only jesting ... have a fab time ...... it does not seem exclusive Kate, just makes sense for a geographic area, not everyone will be able to attend all of the time. Mind you ... a nice OMLET BASH would be nice, in the summer with Pimms and fresh juice :wink::lol: