Cate in NZ

OMLET GET-TOGETHER KEW 14TH JAN 2006

Once you get to Richmond you are practically there Mel. You might as well drive to Kew. If you look at the site there is parking for 300 cars, I don't suppose that this will be full on a saturday in January. Kate A posted a link earlier in this thread, it was a map and there is a link on that for car parking and directions.

So glad that you are coming - will reserve a place on the naughty table for you, and will try not to be too nice in case you weep :wink:

Edited: Here's that link

http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/visitor/KewMap.html

No response from Tfl yet, lines permanently busy and Mrs impatient here not hanging on 'cos hubby's home today, helping me with dismantling & disposing of childrens beds in preparation for new ones arriving. He's not impressed with my frequent disappearing acts to 'pooter & phone :roll:

I'll get through to them when he goes to the Dayno with the old beds :wink:

For those of you north and east of London the Silverlink Metro might be an alternative? It does go a very long way round, North woolwich to Stratford, to Hackney, Highbury, Camden, hampstead, Willesden Junction, Acton Town and on to Kew. Plenty of other stops in between too. Don't know if it's of any use, but might be worth looking at if you're anywhere in that area.

That's a start. You have to pay at the stop now before you get on rather than paying when you're on there. I would imagine that there should be a bus into town from there. Or get BR - ask Dan, I expect that he would be a fount of knowledge on that stuff - BTW, is he coming too?

Are we still going to wear badges with our names on?

I had a quick look at www.nationalrail.gov.uk and there would appear to be various overground trains to Kew Gardens station

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/JourneyDetails.asp?parent=TimetableResult.asp&T2ID=5539_200616135611

And there's a regular service from Waterloo to Kew Bridge station. The gardens are only a short walk from Kew Bridge.

Richard T

I've just been playing with the Tfl site, some very complicated routes suggested using tube, bus & train combinations, often involving trips up to Willesden junction :shock: considering I put in Charing Cross as a start point. It may well be much easier for those of you starting from the North of town.

Richards' suggestion of BR to Kew Bridge is an excellent one, thank you, 31 mins from Waterloo to Kew Bridge, and trains depart every 30 mins. Only 1 tube stop on the Jubilee line from Westminster Lesley :wink:

Edited by Guest

:? I don't know if this is helpful to anyone travelling from north of London, but I plan to go from West Hampstead to Kew on Silverlink... :?

This does sound like "I'm sorry I haven't a clue!

Clare T...you could do that too if you wanted to go by Thameslink from Elstree instead of taking the car.

But OH is wondering why I'm not just driving. Er, I like trains? Not sure which I'll do.

Louise, are you still coming? I'll PM, I think you've gone home.

So, now I'm talking to myself. :?:roll::wink:

I'm still here Sheila :D:D , trying to get my head around timetables. Dratted Tfl, just as it was all going so well :roll:

To be fair it's actually no more complicated for me than before with the BR link, but I do hope that the others can make it. I would drive, I'm generally a happy and confident driver,and will drive anywhere, until it comes to parking :shock: Show me a car park with spaces and I'm a happy bunny, but I'm dreadful at driving around sidestreets to find spaces, and if I have to parallel park in a tight space on a busy road with cars behind me, and in front of me, I lose it :shock: Can parallel park no problems if I've got the road to myself :roll:

No Sheila I am still here :shock:

I don't know if I can still come next week is turning into a living nightmare and I have a job interview on Thursday (closing date for it was 28th Nov) so I had expected it to be done and dusted by now :roll:

I will see how things go at the start of the week :?

Clare T...you could do that too if you wanted to go by Thameslink from Elstree instead of taking the car.

Thanks for that Sheila, but looking at the map, the M40 comes straight into London about two short junctions above the turn off for Kew, so it will be quicker to drive straight there. We will also save time by bypassing my mother's fussing - bless her socks :roll:

Ta muchly, though