Peter

Excellent roofing sheets for the chicken run.

Excellent roofing sheets for the chicken run.

I have used them to replace the timber sheets that lasted only 2 year.

I have used this type of sheets before and they last for ever.

They are made out of roofing felt, very strong, flexible easy to

cut with a wood saw and no sharp edges. You could run a car

over the sheet and it would spring back into shape but I would

not recommend doing that. You can get them in different colours

but I asked for green to match the coop. the cheapest price I could

get them for was £10-00 for a 2m sheet from (Roofingmegastore.co.uk).

Service was excellent and you can also talk to them on the phone.

They also sell the fixings but they are a lot cheaper from (Toolstation).

This type of sheet is an international product so my friend outside the

UK should be able to get them.

I could always put some in my case and bring them to you but you would

have to put me up for a two-week holiday. Joking aside anyone wanting

to come to Northumberland for a holiday are welcome to stay for free with me

in my 3-bed bungalow in a beautiful village but you would have to cook

the meals. Peter.

IMG_20210219_164202.jpg

• Like 2

Grily, I would be pleased for the two of you to stay but May is to soon as I have just had my vaccine and still keeping isolated until the late summer.Peter  

I don't know about the name of the sheets but I am so pleased with them and the chickens left me an extra egg as a thankyou. Peter

• Like 2

Peter, slight misunderstanding, I’ve already got a booking at a caravan park on the coast I was hoping you might have some ideas as to a place to stop on the way up.  It’s a five hour drive and we thought it might be nice to explore somewhere else as well.  I did think of York but it’s so pricey!  All this if if it’s legally ok of course!  But thank you anyway, it’s a nice offer! But I only cook if I have to!  

Girly, About the cooking. What I mean is I can give people accommodation but not food apart from toast and jam in the mornings. Plus there is a Weatherspoon's in Hexham 7mile away.

York is about the only interesting place I agree with you. When my wife was alive we use to stay at the YHA private room very reasonable and walking distance by the river into the center of York. Or there is a regular bus service, till about 7pm. The Railway museum is excellent and free, even if you do not like trains. You would have to book on line. I hope this is all a help to you. When you are at the caravan you could come across to me and have coffee and see my chickens on the lawn, then go to the Roman Wall, I live near the best part of it. Peter.

I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn in York.   It was good and not too expensive. We had our cocker spaniel at the time and she loved the automatic doors!  She wanted them at home by the time we got back.  Also stayed in a B and B up there but cannot for the  life of me remember it’s name!  Lovely place to break the journey 

We were hoping to get up to York at some point; The Yorvik Centre was badly flooded a while back and has now, apparently, been revamped so keen to see how that compares to the last time we were there (probably 30 odd years ago!!!). However, I found out the true meaning of the phrase 'bored to tears' at the railway museum.

Sorry Peter, have hijacked your thread! Those panels look really good.

My chicken run roof was letting in the rain and the bedding was only lasting a week. After putting the new roof sheets on, apart from waterproofing the run now the bedding lasts a month or more but I always change it at the and of each month So Pleased.Peter

• Like 1