Cinnamon

Tips & hints for our trip to Cornwall

We are going to Cornwall this June, & are very excited as we have not been for about 12 years.

I am sure things have changed since our last visit, so I would love some must see & must do tips,please.

We are staying in the Bodmin area in a self catering holiday park, which sounds ideal for us.

And we certainly want to get out & about while we are there :D

The girls are busy browsing the new Next Directory for Bikinis ....optomistic or what :?

best relax and enjoy yourselves.bomin look out for the beast :D and visit boscastle it was beautiful guess still is,eden projct..great,lost gardens of heligan,helicopter trip to tresco is probably the best thing we have done,scilly's are out of this world.play in the sea,buy wet suits if you dont own a boat rent one,the wildlife/birdlife is stunning and you can get to private beaches

and of course eat cream teas and ice cream with fudge sticks :)

:P I love Cornwall, what an amazing coastline. I loved the Lost Gardens of Heligan, and Eden Project is next on my list, when we can get more than a 2 day break together (family commitments, not chooks!) :roll:

A beautiful part of the country for relaxing, and something for all the family

We are still trying to remember where we visited last time we went.

The Eden Project wasn't there then, so thats on our to do list for this year.

We went to Mousehole & Port Isacc, which were gorgeous,as was Boscastle (the girls will love the witch museum!)

We will go to Padstow again as its so evocative, but Steins places may be out of our price range with 4 hungry mouths to feed!

Also Newquay as the girls adore the Surf culture.

We remeber going to somewhere called The Golitha falls which was a path through a woods then you come to this amazing woodland waterfall. We think it may have been near to jamaica Inn, but if anyone else has heard of it & knows where it is please let me know.

We stayed near there in the summer, we went to see my Grandad, who has Lukemia and is almost 85!

I'd reccomend going to:

The eden project

The lost gardens of Heligan(there are chickens there and it was v. funny when I made minkey noises in the jungle bit and someone made them back!)

Morwellam Quay (there's a farm, a mine, a ship and generally enjoyable activities.)

Sounds like all my suggestions have already been covered. Cornwall is one of my most favourite places, as we used to go there every summer when we were little, then I wnet in my late teens/early twenties as a surfie at Run to tthe Sun in Newquay. And latterly with my parents and Rosie.

It really is a magical place, and at the centre of a lot of fairy and witchcraft stories. ENJOY!

We will go to Padstow again as its so evocative, but Steins places may be out of our price range with 4 hungry mouths to feed!

His Fish and Chip shop is reasonable. You can eat in or take-away, and they are lovely

Thanks Lesley, I didn't know that :D

We may just be able to stretch to the cafe if The Hubby is feeling generous 8)

Port Isaac was beautiful (we were in Cornwall in June last year - started off raining for two days, but then fantastic weather). It could have been the med. We were a bit gutted (well, I was), 'cos they were about to start filming Doc Martin the next day! Can't believe we were a day early, and as it had taken quite a long time to drive there, we couldn't really go back again. Went to the Gnome Reserve (very sweet for little children, there's a woodland walk full of about 2000 gnomes, and you wear gnome hats to walk around it etc.). Boscastle lovely (but make sure you read the book/leaflets about the flood BEFORE you go, as we only read it afterwards and then wished we'd taken more notice!). Lovely beach at Bude, great rockpools. Love Cornwall, hope to go back ourselves this summer too, but haven't yet got round to booking! AND it'll be in school holidays this year (extortionate), so make the most of going to June! Jo