tenzin

favorite film

i've just read Richard E Grant's book "Withnails" and in it he says to get the chicken to stand still on the table (in the scene where they're discussing how best to kill it etc) they drew a circle round it in chalk as apparently they don't move out of the circle. He said it worked.

I keep saying I'm going to try and mythbust it with ours but stil haven't got round to it!

The Colour Purple

Love Actually

The Holiday

4 Weddings

Chicken Run

Harry Potters

Shirley Valentine

The Rescuers :oops:

Bridget Jones' Diary

Priscilla Queen of the Desert

The Wizard of Oz

Sound of Music

Shawshank

The Day after Tomorrow

Oh, sorry was it 3????? :oops:

Christian you are SO on my wavelength :P

Give me a disaster movie,a camp movie or a romcom & I am happy :lol:

The day After Tomorrow would be up there for me too - I love it,even the rubbish CGI wolves 8)

i've just read Richard E Grant's book "Withnails" and in it he says to get the chicken to stand still on the table (in the scene where they're discussing how best to kill it etc) they drew a circle round it in chalk as apparently they don't move out of the circle. He said it worked.

Snap! I just read this book too, very funny. I heard a similiar story/myth about chickens. If you draw a chalk line in front of a chickens beak when it is pecking about it will follow the line and then just stop still when the line ends, sort of goes into a chickeny trance. Haven't had a chance to try it out.

Tessa.

Snap! I just read this book too, very funny. I heard a similiar story/myth about chickens. If you draw a chalk line in front of a chickens beak when it is pecking about it will follow the line and then just stop still when the line ends, sort of goes into a chickeny trance. Haven't had a chance to try it out.

Tessa.

it's a very funny book and i can highly recommend 'The Wah Wah diaries' too- he has a very dry sense of humour and is not affected at all.

The bit about them losing their first child had me in floods of tears though- I love his expression (which he uses a lot) "I was undone" one I feel I should adopt as I feel "undone" so much of the time.

Once I've tried the chalk experiment I shall let you know, I just need to obtain some chalk!

Edited by Guest

The day After Tomorrow would be up there for me too - I love it,even the rubbish CGI wolves 8)

I watched it last night and those wolves are really bad. Makes you worry about the world though!

Oh and Muriel's Wedding too!

How could I forget Muriels Wedding?

'Muriel........you're TERRIBLE' :lol::lol::lol:

I keep saying I'm going to try and mythbust it with ours but stil haven't got round to it!

apparently, if you draw a line on the ground with chalk and put a chickens beak to the line it will stay there for ever (well, maybe not for ever, but until you move it) I have a friend who used to keep chooks as a child (now in his 60's) who used to do all of these weird and wonderful things to chickens :lol:

AND, if you put a chickens head under its wing, it will go to sleep