Charlottechicken

My Addiction

I got my 'suprise' parcel today & its all very nice.

I am mostly impressed with the Holiday Bayberry & Mulled Wine ones, & also the Sun & Sea one I got for the bathroom - yummy!

Am not so keen on the Gingerbread,which is a bit sweet for me (if anyone wants a swap,let me know)

Tell me....the ones in the glass pots with a lid, are they designed to be used or not?

Do they smell stronger when they burn?

Tell me....the ones in the glass pots with a lid, are they designed to be used or not?

Do they smell stronger when they burn?[/color]

they certainly are. The advice given to us by Bob Carolgees was;

tip 1- to light them for at least 4 hours because if you don't, the wax doesn't melt all the way to the edge so you end up with it burning down the centre.

tip 2- when you want to extinguish them, get a screwdriver or something and dip your wick (ooeerr missus) into the melted wax, this means you don't get a black wick, there's no smoke and your wick is primed for its next use.

When did kenwood chefs come into this? (I have 2 by the way! :oops: )

Have managed to become hooked on scented candles since I last posted, although I have made my own in old Douwe Egberts coffee jars using wax, wicks, dye and scent purchased from a candle making supply online shop. They work out at about £3.50 each to make so guess what everyone's getting for Christmas?! :roll:

Mmmmmm, I think I'm going to order some of the candles now, especially as you all recommend them so highly! I usually order Partylite, but have been put off with the very aggressive sales techniques they use. We're dog-sitting over Christmas so could do with some nice fragrances in the house!

I went a local garden centre on my way home tonight & bought some bits of Yankee.

2 tarts - Mistletoe & frankincense & myrh

2 samplers - Christmas Cookie & Cinnamon sticks

1 mini jar - home sweet home ( a bit like mixed spice / cinnamon)

Mini jar was a bit dear for what it was, but it does smell lovely.

Got the mistletoe tart melting away at the moment - they really do work!!!!

I'm also a sucker for Partylites Plum & Cognac or Sugared fruits! Trying to find somethhing simiar in Yankee. Mum bought a baby powder jar, I think she's got empty nest syndrome!!!! :wink:

Emma.x

Well what excellent delivery service! I placed my order for two Yankee candles on Wednesday evening and they arrived on Thursday morning. They're currently burning away! :D

I've also just ordered some Moulton Brown candles (a very luxurious xmas treat for myself :roll: ), so I can do a comparison and decide which I like best between MBrown, Yankee and Partylite candles.

Well what excellent delivery service! I placed my order for two Yankee candles on Wednesday evening and they arrived on Thursday morning. They're currently burning away! :D

I've also just ordered some Moulton Brown candles (a very luxurious xmas treat for myself :roll: ), so I can do a comparison and decide which I like best between MBrown, Yankee and Partylite candles.

is that from QVC? I always find their delivery excellent.

Im into the Philisophy skincare range on QVC at the moment - its fab! :D

I'm really chuffed with my tart burner.... hubby forgot to wrap it up, though :lol:

so far I have used 3 tea lights on it, & the wax seems to have hardly disappeared.

My burner has pretty heart cut outs at the top, & the tea light glow looks really sweet through them.

The smell is absolutely divine, It's a redcurrant cinnamony one ( can't remeber the "prpoer" name).

SNAP!!! :D I got that for xmas, its going to go in my kitchen, hubby got me the wedding day candle, its beautiful, I will save that, someone mentioned philosophy :D got that as well, the perfume is the best, absolutely wonderful, I think QVC is great, I've been shopping with them for over 8 years and have no complaints :D

I've got 2 Cranberry Chutney samplers and 4 Happy Christmas tealights going in the conservatory at the moment. We're having visitors (who smoke) for a little soiree this evening. I won't let them smoke in the lounge because of the budgie so we all sit in the conservatory, which is very cosy anyway. The yankee candles make it smell lovely!

The Cranberry Chutney is mouthwatering!

candles.JPG