Ursula123

Ouch!

OOh, nasty! You'll probably find that potential broken toes get no attention from the medical profession unless really bad! I've broken rh big toe 3 times now and, on each occasion, I was told by the GP just to splint it and 'be careful'!! Hope it soon heals! (And also that you managed to collect some eggs at the same time otherwise it was literally adding insult to injury 😉 Or the other way around!)

That sounds very painful, I'm a bit surprised the door is heavy enough to cause so much injury.  I know if you have your toe/s broken on purpose to reset them, it takes ages to get full mobility back, so do take care.  My friend broke a finger last week and after X rays she was told to go away and use a splint till it healed!  She said it was painful if she moved it, and the doctor said it would really retard the healing if it was moved, so a splint was essential, and she got some from Amazon, because the one (!) she was given from the hospital was useless.

I would recommend a glass of wine, taken orally, repeated until the pain subsides. That may be necessary for several days, or perhaps weeks.

If the toes are not swollen they are not broken, but I would still advise you follow the previous prescription.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:52 PM, soapdragon said:

OOh, nasty! You'll probably find that potential broken toes get no attention from the medical profession unless really bad! I've broken rh big toe 3 times now and, on each occasion, I was told by the GP just to splint it and 'be careful'!! Hope it soon heals! (And also that you managed to collect some eggs at the same time otherwise it was literally adding insult to injury 😉 Or the other way around!)

Sadly not collecting eggs @soapdragonbut worming them which was also fun 🤩.

On 6/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, Daphne said:

That sounds very painful, I'm a bit surprised the door is heavy enough to cause so much injury.  I know if you have your toe/s broken on purpose to reset them, it takes ages to get full mobility back, so do take care.  My friend broke a finger last week and after X rays she was told to go away and use a splint till it healed!  She said it was painful if she moved it, and the doctor said it would really retard the healing if it was moved, so a splint was essential, and she got some from Amazon, because the one (!) she was given from the hospital was useless.

I think it was the angle in which I dropped it @Daphne bottom edge hit my toes.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:41 PM, Beantree said:

I would recommend a glass of wine, taken orally, repeated until the pain subsides. That may be necessary for several days, or perhaps weeks.

If the toes are not swollen they are not broken, but I would still advise you follow the previous prescription.

@Beantree can I substitute wine for Pastis? Toes are bruised and swollen and a cut on my big toe but I will follow your medical advice to the letter 🥹