Lesley

New Bedding!

Last night I had the best nights sleep ever!!!!! :D:D:D

I used Christmas money to buy new bedding. We bought our last new pillows in USA as it was the only place you could buy Superking at the time. You can get them here now :D

I bought new pillows, pillowcases and best of all........ a Tempur mattress topper.

When I opened the topper, I was a bit disappointed - it was 4" too small all round. You have to leave it for 12 hours to expand. I remade the bed at 11pm, when it had had 11 hours and it was fine.

I was woken by the Lumie alarm light :shock: - I never sleep through to the alarm and usually get up in the dark. I didn't have any of my usual aches and pains - which I'd put down to getting older :oops:

I'm just waiting for the lambs fleece mattress topper to be delivered now - they're supposed to be OK with hot flushes!. The bed will look like the bed in the Princess and the Pea........ but I don't care!!!! 8)

I just had to share - I am so happy....... :D

The bed will look like the bed in the Princess and the Pea........ but I don't care!!!! 8)

:lol::lol::lol:

sounds great Lesley, its great after not sleeping well that you can find a solution isnt it

We have a tempur mattress (was gift from inlaws last xmas) and I never want to get out of bed.

happy sleeping! :)

Are you sure you won't be too hot? :lol::lol:

No - that's the beauty of the lambswool. I'm going to change the duvets to natural wool ones as well.

I'm fed up with being either freezing.... or too hot. I want to be cosy but not hot and sickly.

I had a lovely chat with the chap selling the natural wool products!!! :lol:

Edited by Guest

We have a tempur mattress (was gift from inlaws last xmas) and I never want to get out of bed.

happy sleeping! :)

We couldn't afford a whole Tempur mattress in Superking! :shock: - and Carl doesn't like a soft mattress. We have two zipped mattresses - his is a hard mattress and mine is medium. The mattress topper over the two seemed a good compromise.

I like a hard mattress, but could generally sleep on a clothes line. It sounds really comfy Lesley. I'm not keen on king sized beds though - I generally sleep on my own, so double is enough for me to sprawl out, if Phil shares a king sized bed with me, I miss him in the night :( .

A friend in the states bought some of those memory foam pillows - they were a real disappointment.... see here; The Pillow Weirdness

Really strange pillows! :shock:

I didn't fancy memory foem pillows and I don't have feather.... I chose synthetic hollowfill fibre - they smell like fish! :? I think the smell is going though :lol:

i was so pleased that all my order turned up when it should that I whipped the old pillows off the bed - put the new black pillowcases on that I'd chosen for their new job - and gave the pillows to Jazz as a new bed for her :roll: - I wasn't having them back after that!!!

We bought New Zealand wool duvets 2 years ago for our bed and I bought a new one last year for one of the spare beds - they are great - too warm in the summer but wonderful just now and heavy enough but not too heavy. I bought the pillows too!. NZ Nature company and the last one came in 9 days! - better than marks and spencers sale stuff :lol:

When I bought my last bed I wanted a Tempur mattres, OH said NO. So now he's not around and I don't have one. Teach me to listen to a man.

Mum has one and I love it.

I only ever have a single Dunlopillo. I also take it everywhere I go to sleep - you always get a good nights sleep on your own pillow.

I've thought about going back to blankets.

I absolutely hate changing duvet covers!.

So do I so we don't have duvet covers on our duvet anymore. We have a bottom sheet, top sheet, duvet and a patchwork bedspread. Only the sheets and pillowcases need changing. I bought 2 bedspreads and rotate them regularly so they get washed.

Love the sound of the Tempur mattress. I do love a nice comfy bed and hate getting up in the morning.

Edited by Guest

I saw those memory pillows today - can't remember where :think: . Must have been Matalan, Argos or Sainsburys :roll:. I just don't like the thought of something with a memory under my head at night - some of my dreams don't bear repeating (especially to OH :oops: ).

My parents have got tempur mattresses and the fleecy top things. They really like them.

We've got a tempur mattress, and memory phone pillows, and I love them - I've never slept better! :D

I love those pillows Shona! You sleep really well and they do call you back!

:wink::wink:

I bought a feather bed mattress topper from qvc and it is lovely!

A bit of a faff to make and tbh i don't fluff it everyday, but it is really comfy!

Goose and duck down feather pillows cost us a fortune, but after sleeping on 'value' pillows for years, i would never go back!

I only ever have a single Dunlopillo. I also take it everywhere I go to sleep - you always get a good nights sleep on your own pillow.

I've never come across anyone else as odd as me! :lol: I have a Dunlopillo pillow (replaced every year!) and I take it with me whenever I go away. My neck can't sleep on anything else or I wake up feeling ill and migrainey.

My mother has a Tempur mattress and is thrilled with it.

We have a Dunlopillo mattress and asked for a firm one, which was a mistake as it was too hard. Now we have a 5'' deep memory foam topper and it is bliss, so comfortable. :D:D

We bought a new bed last year & had to get a new mattress,so decided on a memory foam one.

It was really skinny when it arrived,but puffed up beautifully, & is really,really comfy - I would certainly recommend them.

We have a M&S topper on it which is a cool comfort one,as we both hate being too warm in bed.

The Duvet will be replaced this year, so I am reading this with interest to see what everyone thinks is best :D

Not very good at links but these are cheaper and wonderful

http://www.nznature.co.nz/mshop:sp:1812807075:zo=5,cu=GBP,IT=OV

Need to go to bedding and then comforters/duvets - I bought the heavier weight one and its awesome. Is only about £79,00 I think including postage - the first one I had to pay about £13 customs and the second one nothing.

Remember though that their queen size is our King size.