I've spoken with Omlet about it and they have been very good. The first time they sent a replacement wheel unit by courier. The second / third time they sent a very helpful chap in a van who replaced both left and right wheel units. It just appears that the stub axle is not strong enough to support the structure when the weight is distributed unevenly. I have asked Omlet again to look into it and perhaps come up with a stronger design. I have been very impressed with the Cube in other respects and would be loathe to give it up and return to timber. It is just that my garden is all on a slight slope and slightly bumpy ground. I have suggested that perhaps I could have a partial refund and that I will fit my own axle so we shall see......

Thanks for the 'welcomes'.

Hi

Broke the wheels on my brand new cube today - just tried to engage the wheels and one snapped :-(

Waiting to hear back from Omlet - bit sad, as can't move it now and grass underneath is stinky - and I guess I will have to take the whole thing to bits to attach new wheel assemblies - if it happens with the replacement lot will be even less chuffed !

Susie

Mmm we haven't got uneven ground a slight slope but didn't even get to move the cube - just snapped as I tried to engage them to take weight of cube.

Not getting new wheels for another 2 weeks - is too heavy to move without wheels, is too annoying - I've bought the most expensive chicken coop I could find and it's faulty. Excellent plan :(

You must be really fed up! But once you get it sorted it really is brill.

When we first got our girls my OH spent ages building a beautiful wooden coop within four months it was riddled with red mite spent fortunes trying to get rid and ended up burning it to the ground!

Then bought a Cube - heaven - red mite free and so much easier to clean - we probably spent in the region of £200 on varying different chemicals and treatments on the wooden coop.

So don't lose heart you really have made the best choice!

I suppose once the wheel thing is sorted I'll be happy again - It was the whole red mite thing that made me buy a plastic cube (and the colours) - Just annoyed at the hassle etc

and getting the chickens are the best decision I have made in my life (bar my darling children) :lol:

S