WitchHazel

4-egg boxes (now Blue not green) UPDATE on page 4

Firstly, mods, please move this if I've posted in the wrong place. I wanted to get as much exposure as possible.

We've had several threads recently about coloured egg boxes, and about 4-egg boxes. On the the thread in the Eggs section started by Debbie, a number of people mentioned that they would contact FlyteSoFancy to ask about making 4-egg boxes in colours.

As someone who has bought many pink eggg boxes from them, I emailed them too. I've had a reply from them, and I need some input from you.

Here's the reply:

Dear Hazel

Thank you for your enquiry, yes I often get asked now for 4-egg egg boxes (in fact I received several emails from Omlet customers last night!). We have been looking into it to try and make sure there is demand (the quantities we have to purchase are enormous), which we expect there is, and we have now found a UK supplier we can be happy with. We should be able to have green boxes available when we have ironed out a few things but probably within the month.

Perhaps you could let me know if you think green (probably a light/sage green) is the sort of colour you would want, unfortunately they just do not make pink boxes for 4.

It's completely understandable that FoF need to guage the market before they invest in stock.

So, the question is, Would YOU buy these 4-egg boxes in green?

Let me know, and I will send them a link to this thread.

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Yes, definitely pink (or even purple!) please! :P

Most of us would love pink, but unfortunately as FlyteSoFancy have said, they would only be able to supply sage green, so that's what this is about.:lol:

I'm thinking that 4-egg boxes in green is better than no 4 egg boxes!

Perhaps you could let me know if you think green (probably a light/sage green) is the sort of colour you would want, unfortunately they just do not make pink boxes for 4.

... So, the question is, Would YOU buy these 4-egg boxes in green?

I would. Actually, I think that sage green is a better idea, less susceptible to the fickleness of fashion. Much as I love pink, I think I would get tired of it as a colour of the egg boxes much quicker than I would of sage green. Green has a stronger affinity with grow-your-own, self-sufficiency, the Good Life, sustainability, etc etc, than does pink.

Sage green would make a better "setting" for eggs, in my mind's eye, whether white or brown or blue or green.

I'm thinking that 4-egg boxes in green is better than no 4 egg boxes!

I'll have some. As you say, if green's the only choice I'd rather have green ones than none at all.

I look forward to being able to order them. Thanks for taking the time to ask them about it.

Have I missed something? are Omlet not doing the 4-egg boxes any more or are these going to be cheaper?

Hi Rona Omlet are still going to be supplying their boxes. This came about because of the discussions where people were wishing for 4-egg boxes in colour and without Omlet branding.

Four egg boxes sound good to me - I like to give eggs as gifts but a normal box is two days' worth of labour and sometimes that's too big a gift :wink:

Sage green sounds lovely, I don't really like the vibrant pink or blue ones - not 'country' enough!

Wouldn't want to pay a huge p&p charge though, that often puts me off ordering on principle that it's a rip off!

Jo

I'm with you I'd love to buy green 4 boxes but they would have to be no dearer than the FSF boxes they currently do which I note include P&P.

Also consideration needs to be made that by virtue that we only want to sell/give away 4 at a time, it suggests we don't have loads of chooks and therefore would not want to have to buy hundreds. A pack of 50 would be about the largest number I would want to buy in one go.

Thanks for asking.

I'm with you I'd love to buy green 4 boxes but they would have to be no dearer than the FSF boxes they currently do which I note include P&P.

Also consideration needs to be made that by virtue that we only want to sell/give away 4 at a time, it suggests we don't have loads of chooks and therefore would not want to have to buy hundreds. A pack of 50 would be about the largest number I would want to buy in one go.

Thanks for asking.

I mentioned to Anne that we back-garden henkeepers would be looking to buy in small quantities, so hopefully they'll take that on board.

Is it worth adding a poll to this so that you can get a quick visual count of the numbers for and against?

You could then send the url to the supplier so that they can get an idea of the uptake without reading though the whole thread

Is it worth adding a poll to this so that you can get a quick visual count of the numbers for and against?

Hi ajm

I did think of a poll, but decidedagainst as I think many people would vote yes in principle, but this wouldn't necessarily translate into sales.

If FoF werelooking for which colour to go for, I would definitelyhave used a poll.