Guest chookiehen

Pick a name!

Just for Gina, just in case she hasn't made up here mind yet - what are your favourite names?

My favourites:

Boy: Ian or Andrew

Girl: Molly or Matilda

Chookiehubbie liked none of these, hence, none of my children have these names!

Favourite boys name...... Jack :D8)

Favourite girls name......... Scarlett which OH didn't like so my next favourite was Natalie :D8)

A friend of mine has a daughter called Tiger, which when I first heard the name I was :shock: Now it just seems to suit her and she gets called Tiggy 8)

My Girls have unusual names (Devon & Cleo),but when you have a name as common as Sarah you strive for something a little more memorable for your offspring :?

Both would have been called Spike if either were boys.

I think favoured names come & go.My friends boy is called Eden,which I love.

I like the names India for a girl & Roman for a boy.

But thats me :?

I am currently thinking of cat names for my new arrivals.....we think Chilli & Teasel :P

I really like the name 'Sarah'. If I had another daughter :!: I might call her Sarah.

I also like Alice. My son would have been 'Alice Maria' had he been a girl.

I've never been so good with boys' names. Fortunately I only had one boy. He is called Andrew, I vowed from a pre-teen child to have a boy called Andrew. All my first heart-throbs were Andrews! :oops:

Luca

I always find boys names hard :D

I like Luca too.

It would sound horrible with my surname though,which begins with an A :roll:

Back to my girls unusual names - when Devon started secondary school a couple of years ago she was in a form with another girl called Devon.

I remembered that a week after we put our Devons birth announcment in the paper the health visitor came around & said I had really upset another new Mum in Henley who had called her daughter Devon & thought we were very cheeky for copying her :?

The 2 girls paths didn't cross until they were 11,& of course they do not get along at all,with the other Devon accusing mine of "stealing her name"

Pathetic isn't it?

Fir the record I got the name from a book I was reading when I was pregnant.......it was a male characters name :D

My two are called Olivia Mary Alice and Cameron David Michael. Of course all great names IMO!! 8)

I always wanted names that you could shorten or lengthen. With my name you couldn't. Most of the time they are Cam and Livvy but I pull out the longer names when they have been naughty!

Other names I love and we nearly chose are:

Elizabeth

Jasmine

Austin

Toby

William

On the subject of unusual names, my son has a little girl called Summer in his class, which I think is a really pretty name - but her little sister is called Autumn :shock: Now why would you do that? Sound daft together...and what if she gets pregnant again? and what if its a boy next time?? :shock:

Love,

Cookie. xx

On the subject of unusual names, my son has a little girl called Summer in his class, which I think is a really pretty name - but her little sister is called Autumn :shock: Now why would you do that? Sound daft together...and what if she gets pregnant again? and what if its a boy next time?? :shock:

Love,

Cookie. xx

Autumn was on my short list for Devon,but if she had been called that there is no way on Earth I would have called Cleo Summer :shock:

There is a girl at Cleos school called Summer-Rose which I think is a bit too much also.

I also love Reuben for a boy :D

My children (should I be lucky enough to have a boy and a girl) will be called Edmund and Eleanor, with an extra girl called Lydia. We're hoping to have girls, but as Duncan's family hasn't had a girl born into it in over a century, we may have to try quite hard. I also love Sebastian, Hugh and Allegra (all of which sound great with Walsh Atkins) but Duncan is unkeen.

Duncan likes Leonard, but I compromised with Eleanor as I hate it. I also quite like Theodosia, Belasarius, Berengar and Berengaria. Oh and Radegundis.

My sister's kids are called Khaelem and Tyeler (think I have the spelling right), which would be bad enough if their surname wasn't Watt. Oh yes, I have a nephew called Tyeler Watt. Ho HO. She doesn't know why it's funny, I'm not telling her.

Maybe they chose Tyler Watt on purpose? :)

We call our son "Spike" but as a nickname. He was born with a Mohican hairstyle, and also it's the dog in Tom & Jerry, "That's my boy!"

Esther had a narrow escape. I think boys names are harder, and we'd used up 4 already :lol:

So, OH & I were settled on Dexter.

Dexter Webster, how could you not grow up to front a blues band? Our other children tried to make us promise not to (so it made it more fun saying we would.) :wink:

So, luckily a girl.

Esther Webster, how could you not grow up to front a blues band? 8)

Mmmm...not being much help here Gina, I can only think of chicken names. :roll::lol: