Couperman

The council phoned today.......progress update

Here's another update :D:D:D

The greenhouse at home packed to the gunnels (photos taken last week)....I went a bit berserk on the sowing front :oops::lol: Millions of Cabbages, leeks, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, courgettes...............to name but a few :lol::lol: . I have given loads away. I still have got enough tomato plants to open a ketchup factory I think I will donate most of those to a charity shop.

dscf0183.jpg

Tatties coming on nicely in the spud planter.

dscf0184.jpg

dscf0185.jpg

Overflow greenhouses.....hardening off phase 1

dscf0181.jpg

Overflow greenhouses.....hardening off phase 2

dscf0177.jpg

Sprouts and broad beans

dscf0178.jpg

Peas, more broad beans and yet more toms

dscf0179.jpg

savoy cabbages

dscf0180.jpg

Down at the plot the peas are in.

dscf0229.jpg

and the broad beans

dscf0228.jpg

you can't see too clearly but there are onions in that there bed

dscf0231.jpg

the afore mentioned savoys

dscf0227.jpg

and sprouts

dscf0226.jpg

And finally the spud patch

dscf0165.jpg

I think I have planted out a bit early but but hopefully we will get away with it! Live life on the edge :pray: . I have later sowings just in case. :shh:

Very impressive!!

8)8)

You feeding an army? :wink:

Yes, if anything like last year it will be a couple of battalions of slugs, snails and catterpillars not to mention the 'rats with wings'. I haven't got around to installing my defences yet. could be a job for the morrow.

Kev.

Very impressive!!

8)8)

You feeding an army? :wink:

Yes, if anything like last year it will be a couple of battalions of slugs, snails and catterpillars not to mention the 'rats with wings'. I haven't got around to installing my defences yet. could be a job for the morrow.

Kev.

:lol:

That looks brilliant Kev; you'll have to start a stall at the local farmers' market!

I can't offer you any of my million PSB plants then Kev? :wink:

let me know what you've got spare Lesley and I might be able to take some off your hands. I need to get my small raised beds on the patio sorted and planted up (yes I know I'm running late!)

The brassicas are now protected against the slimy hoardes, they really don't like electricity. ZAP! :twisted::lol::lol:

I just need to fit the enviromesh cage to thwart the airbourne critters now.

It remains to be seen how effective all this will be but, nothing ventured..........

Kev.

That looks brilliant Kev; you'll have to start a stall at the local farmers' market!

I can't offer you any of my million PSB plants then Kev? :wink:

let me know what you've got spare Lesley and I might be able to take some off your hands. I need to get my small raised beds on the patio sorted and planted up (yes I know I'm running late!)

I hadn't asked you as when you call in on Wednesday you will find the taking of seedlings is compulsory! :lol: - "Ooops, word censored!"ody gets out until they've taken some :lol:

Well done Kev, you are putting the rest of us to shame :lol:

I have just about learnt to plant less now but it has taken 10 years and I haven't got my hubby under control yet we'll have enough broad beans to fill several freezers this year i fear. :lol:

Clare, to grow good brassicas they need very firm soil, and plenty of lime if you have acid soil or club root problems. We plant ours out after growing them into sturdy plants in 3" pots, we plant them using a bulb planter which gives a firm round hole and put loads of lime in the hole first because we have club root and this helps to get the plants off to a good start before their roots get attacked.

They also like plenty of food.