Rhapsody

Edgie is poorly.....

Sorry to hear that the Edge is poorly Rhapsody.

Shirley has suspected sour crop this week and the vet syringed her and they gave me powdered probiotic to add to her food. I don't have any left otherwise I would bring it over to you.

Sorry. Try yoghurt and any fluid that she will take.

Hope she is better soon.

C x

Edge went to the vet and charmed everyone. She was a good girl and let the vet check her out thoroughly, he took her temp (it was low, and the thermometer up the jacksie made her pee all over the table) give her a mahooosive injection of Batyril and show me how to intubate her crop. She then wandered back into the cat box on her own as if to say "Right, I'm off home now". He gave me 10 days oral Baytril too.

Got home and had a little think- low temp, bald ex-battery hen...? So I stuck her in the conservatory where its about 85 degrees. Guess what? She ate some food :dance: drank some water :dance: and gave me The Look that I've been missing, now she's having a nap and I think laying an egg.

I'm sure its down to the waves of good feeling from the forum, so thank you all. I dont think she's out of danger but things look markedly better.

Thank you from Edgie and me

Rhapsody x

:D She is bright and perky and eating her own bodyweight in probiotic yoghurt. Crop clearing normally, poo as it should be and making chickeny noises. I was really worried for her on Friday night, TBH I was ready to find a dead chook on Saturday morning.