Martin B

Explain this..

On the back of the McDonalds place mats is all the nutritional information. I stumbled across the drinks section and looked at the milkshakes for calories etc. Then I saw that the Strawberry Milkshakes are not suitable for vegetarians but all of the others are! Why strawberry, isn't it a fruit??

You're making the mistake of thinking of it as a mixture of strawberry and milk, not a processed fast food full of potential additives. :twisted:

It's frightening when you start looking at the ingredients sometimes :shock:

Some crisps like cheese and onion sometimes contain meat derivatives making them non-vegetarian.

If McDonalds told me black was black i would question it, for years they claimed their fries were vegetarian while using some meat product or other to add flavouring and colour, the dirty, robbing, profiteering, lying, animal killing, ecological destroying ******* s (chose which ever word you wish, most fit).

I wouldnt eat there if i was starving. :evil::evil:

Don't even think about eating one of their milkshakes either :shock:

I try to eat as little processed food as possible but my one BIG weakness is sausages - I love them even really cheap and nasty ones :oops: There I have confessed :lol:

One thing that puzzled me recently was a pepparami (sp?) which apparently contains 108% meat :? Can anyone explain this :roll:

I really need to stay away from the ingredients lists :lol:

Glad I've never stepped inside a Mc Donalds or eaten there ever. :? I don't like to think how many additives are in their foods. :x Also my Sister who's 19 says if she ever has children she won't let them have MacDonalds as a treat :lol::lol::lol:

I am not sticking up for MacDonalds, not my kind of place, BUT they only use free range eggs - so they cant be all bad

One thing that puzzled me recently was a pepparami (sp?) which apparently contains 108% meat :? Can anyone explain this :roll:

I can explain this, although I can not explain this using pork. :roll: Tomato ketchup contains 116g of tomatoes in a 100g product this is because they have to sweat them down, this is exactly what they do with perrarami except with pork and they don't sweat them down.

However strawberry milkshake is not vegeterian because it contains gelatin which is made from cows hooves. This is also why alot of sweets and jelly is not vegeterian.

Alyssa