Couperwife

Secret Easter Bunny

ok, bunnies :D

Ive sent a PM.

if you think you should have recieved one, and you havent :shock:

or if you have received one - and you dont think you should have (ie - you dont want to be a bunny :lol::oops: )

then yell :D

cos, im only an ICT teacher - therefore - no idea on using computers :lol::lol::lol:

cathy

x

just a thought - there is another forum doing a secret easter bunny swap and they have a seperate thread for those involved to post any major likes or dislikes to aid the secret bunny. ie favourite colours, animals, dislikes (such as orange for Lesley :wink: ) that kind of thing. Should we do one? I am in two minds as I would be very happy with anything, but some may find it useful. I suppose I would also find it useful to know the preferences of the one I will be sending too.

Guess where I'm going.......are you the same name on there too Snowy, so I know you if I find you :anxious: ?

.............some time later.........I've gone onto that site & registered.....and found another to do with my silver clay & registered on that one too.....am I ever going to get anything done :think::roll::lol: ?

Sha x

and what are the rules? Is it just simply that we make something connected to Easter or our own particular celebration?

ooooh, *looking interested* whats your celebration?

the idea was some form of easter/new beginning/new start type thing.

I think most celebrations are based on the same sort of "pagan" beginnings :D

so if you celebrate something not so obvious to us, then tell all :D

I am actually catholic, but I am very interested in pagan beliefs, I have a few books and a wicca friend (who explains when im confused :lol: )

cathy

x

Couperwife - have just tried PM'ing you but not sure it's actually gone through. Can you remove me from the list please? :( Being realistic I know I'm not going to manage to make something suitable before Easter, and I'd hate to let someone down.

Thanks as always for organising this!

We celebrate Ostara, the Spring Equinox, from which the word 'Easter' comes from. You're right most celebrations are based on old pagan festivals. The thing is when a culture is invaded by another, one of the things the old people resent the most is to have their holy days taken away...

So when the christians took over old pagan Europe they simply changed the name of their main festivals, adapted the metaphorical meaning and move them up/down a few days.

Instead of celebrating the coming of the summer, rebirth of nature and the rest of pagan reasons for having a party, they spoke of the resurrection of Jesus from the dead and partied accordingly; in Greek Mythology, Persephone, daughter of mother Earth, Gaia/Ceres, comes back from the realm of death (Hades) where she's spent the winter months, etc so it's all on a similar type of feel...

It'll be interesting to find out what other Omleteers' beliefs and traditions are for this time of year.

and what are the rules? Is it just simply that we make something connected to Easter or our own particular celebration?

ooooh, *looking interested* whats your celebration?

the idea was some form of easter/new beginning/new start type thing.

I think most celebrations are based on the same sort of "pagan" beginnings :D

so if you celebrate something not so obvious to us, then tell all :D

I am actually catholic, but I am very interested in pagan beliefs, I have a few books and a wicca friend (who explains when im confused :lol: )

cathy

x

Not religious, so for me it's just a flim-flam approach to changing a bit of the home decor to a more green palate, hanging some eggy stuff up, dotting those little mini fluffy yellow chicks everywhere round the house, having lamb if possible at easter, eating hot cross buns, and swapping egg-related gifts with nearest and dearest. And when possible, camping, to feel the fresh air and wake up after winter. So a very half-baked approach to vague pagan motifs (ignoring the hot crosses) purely for the hell of the uplift of making things feel more springlike. :)

We are exactly the same as you a chicky chicky chicken!

I like hanging all those eggy things about. I have a Xmas tree 2 years old by the back door, that I hang little eggs off. They usually stay on there all year - being as I have chickens. :D

I like new plants in pots around the garden & new windchimes & hanging decorations (cheapo from Asda & Wilko's). Just like to remind me that Winter is over. I love daffodils too about the house.

Usually new chooks arrive at our house around Easter! :wink:

Emma.x

Just wondering when we'll know who we are gifting to? :D

Me too. I like to know who it is so I can try and make something suitable for that person (sometimes I can, sometimes I can't but I do like to try).

I am starting to get a bit nervous that I wont have enough time to make it :oops: