buffie

Allen and Page Ex Bats Feed - Supporting BHWT

Ok I've now just heard the feed is available to order from feed merchants/retailers today for next delivery ( this will depend on their order delivery schedules).

Just tell your feed merchant if you'd like them to order this food in. 8)

I have a little more information and prices coming in the next 24 hours.

Buffie x :)

Sorry I'm just in the process of getting further details but now a have rough idea of price.

It seems there is no RRP for feed, rather a guide price.

I think most of you use 20kg bags and the prices will vary on the outlet or part of the country you live in but this is the rough guide:

Ex Bat Pellets £8.99 - £10.49 .

Ex Bat Crumb £ 9.49 - £10.99

50 p of this to BHWT

Prices look reasonable, especially as they shouldn't need poultry spice etc as well, so no need to send the cats out to work just yet :lol:

I've spoken to the local pet shop and they are going to speak to their suppliers about ordering it for me (what comes of living in the back end of nowhere!). Here's hoping :pray: And here's hoping my little monsters like it! :pray:

Many thanks to Buffie for giving us the early heads up on this :clap:

Sorry I'm just in the process of getting further details but now a have rough idea of price.

It seems there is no RRP for feed, rather a guide price.

I think most of you use 20kg bags and the prices will vary on the outlet or part of the country you live in but this is the rough guide:

Ex Bat Pellets £8.99 - £10.49 .

Ex Bat Crumb £ 9.49 - £10.99

50 p of this to BHWT

Buffie, you wouldn't know by any chance if I also could order the feed online?

Buffie, thanks for your info on the new ex-batt feed. A few days ago I emailed Allen and Page and received details from them together with a discount voucher which was much appreciated. :D

I have already ordered a 20kg bag of pellets which I hope to receive next week and I intend to change all our chooks on to them ASAP. The BHWT will receive 50p for each 20kg bag sold (20p for 5kg bags) which should provide a useful income stream to supplement their current funding. As I'm picking up two ex-batts this weekend I feel this is the least I can do for my new girls :D

Looking at the formulation, although the initial cost is higher than good quality pellets currently on the market, I think it should be possible to cut down supplements and extras - only time will tell :)

Well done you and on the subject on internet shopping...Allen and Page will sell it and I hope Omlet will :D Any other on line merchant can be asked to supply it.

Hope that helps.

The Pellets are small for easy transition from crumb/mash, the crumb is a a clever alternative to mash as the girls get a balanced diet and don't miss out by choosing bits of the mash to eat. I know I always find the powder left at the bottom of the grub!! I have to say that was news to me so I've learned something!

Buffie x

The small holder range is very good and is a free range feed :D The ex bats feed will just give them the extra support as they grow older and haven't always access to grass.

I feel this is a perfect time for ours to change. I have noticed after a spell on another premium feed we had soft egg shells( the most local supplier only stocked this) and that these have become s thing of the past on small holder feed.

Got mine ordered and I can collect it on Friday :D

It's going to cost me £11.69 for 20kg, which is quite a hike on the usual £8.45, but that's because I'm at the end of a long line of distributors with each putting their own mark-up on it. It should mean they won't need poultry spice or so many dried mealworms as supplements though, and a 20kg sack does last about a month, so they're still a lot cheaper to keep than the cats :D

I saw this at Judes at the weekend and we were comparing the ingredients list with the other feeds - it has slightly more protein and lot sof other goodies - I will try my bantam babes on a sack and see how they like it.

They do pellets and mash and the packaging is lovely too.

Cotswold Chickens

Hawthorn Stud

South Newington

Oxon

OX15 4JP

Telephone 01608 683912 Mobile 07798 764566

Just an update for anyone who hasn't seen the new feed bags or our BHWT newsletter .

Allen and Page also run a helpline for BHWT ex bats, the BHWT Careline. They are there to answer any queries you may have about your ex bats :D

Tel: 01362 822904

I have seen a great improvement in shell quality in all the girls eggs and Poppy (ex bat) is beautifully feathered and putting on some weight after being a skinny minnie for ages :D

Buffie x

I have got 2 bags ordered ready for collection on Friday, getting our 3 girls though the BHWT on Saturday, can't wait but a bit nervous about it, hope they will all be ok, been following this thread since it started, really struggled to find somewhere who will get in the crumbs for me as most are only getting the pellets near me xxx

My little monsters have been on this for nearly 3 weeks now. I initially mixed in the last of their old pellets to change over gradually and did have upset tums for a couple of days, but they were soon sorted with a bit of live yoghurt added to their pellet porridge. They definitely seem to like it and I'm getting more six-egg (full house) days than ever before :D.

I've hopefully got two new ex-batts coming in a couple of weeks (currently convalescing poorlies) and they will go straight on to this :D.