buffie

Allen and Page Ex Bats Feed - Supporting BHWT

I just wanted to say that with my brain slightly disengaged :wink: I said that A&P grow all the grains in their feeds. :oops: Sorry this simply wouldn't be possible for the quantities they need BUT the great news is that where ever possible the ingredients are British and sourced locally :D:D

If any of you have a have ordered your feed please let us know on this thread and we can compile a list :D

Oh and a reminder, it won't necessarily be a stock item so please ask for it to be ordered :D:D

Buffie x

I went to my usual feed supplier - Estate Supplies, Ashley, Cheshire - today to order a bag of the crumbs, and they said that they ordered some about 3 weeks ago and it hasn't yet arrived. They are hoping it will be here sometime this week - will keep you posted.

I am using the ex-batt crumb and pellets for my new ex-batts I got last Saturday. They seem to be enjoying it and I have just put an order in for another bag of the crumb so I don’t run out. They are doing really well and the combs are getting pinker and new feathers can be seen. I am going to move all my chickens over to the pellets so they can all benefit from the better nutrition.

I was able to order it from White Horse Feeds Ltd, Childrey, Oxfordshire

Well, I have tried it, bought it from Jude at Cotswold Chickens; the bantam babes wolfed it down and seemed happy and healthy on it. I only bought a 5kg sack to try, but once this current bag of Smallholders is finished, I will ask her to order me in a 20kg bag of the crumb.

Buffster, do you want the full details of the stockist?

The link is great Clare :D Thanks. By the way I'll email you tomorrow, missed an email in my old hotmail account, sorry :oops:

Buffie x :D

I was lucky, I ordered mine and it arrived within a week of ordering. The girls are very pleased with it. :D

The Riding Habit, Queensbury, Bradford, BD13.

Hmmm... maybe they'll get it soon then- the current sack of layers pellets is running worryingly low though :?

Btw, I love your avatar :D

If it's a while I'd chase it up, it's readily available :D:D

I'll be ordering some more from Collins Petfoods in Hardingstone, Northants in a week or so. They stock the Organic food, which I used to buy but we're happy and changing to the The ex Bats feed now :D

Buffie x

Hi Buffie,

I get my Battery Hen pellets from WJ Pardy, Gorse Farm, Blissford, Fordingbridge 01425 653250. At the moment a 20kg bag costs £9.80. I'm going to try the crumbs soon once my current supply of layers mash is finished. (I feed both to my hens as the Batts are now in residence :D )

I've picked up a bag today from here, my usual feed supplier. I usually get my organic layers pellets and supplements from them. They ordered this for me on request.

M & M FEEDS Back Lane Farm, St Kenelms Road, Romsley, Worcestershire. B62 0PG

Tel: 07703 651888

I bought a 5kg bag yesterday from my local feed supplier. They were stocking pellets and crumb and also had a pile of information leaflets.

I don't have any ex bats but I am hoping the feed will give elderly Bantam Bubbles a boost.

A&I Supplies, Edgar Road, Elgin, Moray, Scotland