buffie

Allen and Page Ex Bats Feed - Supporting BHWT

I'll definitely be getting some when our current bag gets used up! It seems worth it as I won't have to mix poultry spice, limestone flour etc into the feed which is such a pain and limestone flour isn't cheap either. If we get more eggs, we might even be saving money!

I can't help but feel sorry for Dodson and Horrell though... they are surely going to loose quite a few customers. I suppose it's the big farmers that matter though, eh?

Claret, thanks thats good to know, I have 3 pekins at the mo and the are so small and easy to handle and are very tame, so worried how I will cope with 3 big girls, hehe, although saying that I really can't wait, I am even considering booking some days off work next week to look after them :)

I got an email from Ian at the BHWT regarding collection of my laydees and he said they sell bags of this ex-batt feed on collection day @ £4.00 per bag - dunno how big the bag is though.

Hope to see if Ian knows of a local stockist

That'll be the 5kg bag I imagine :) he may well do or you simply ask at your feed supplier :)

Glad yours like it Clare, it's good stuff and in answer to the query about organic content. It doesn't have organic ingredients BUT it's all natural ( believe me I wouldn't use anything else :wink: ), non GM with the grain being grown by Allen and Page on their farm and even uses fresh herbs and garlic.

Buffie x :D

No one has asked about why it's crumb and pellets and not mash,I don't think, but thought I'd add this detail.

I had never thought but with mash they tend to 'select' what they choose to eat SO they can miss out on all the valuable nutrients, crumb and pellets make sure they have a balanced diet.

Clever eh! :D

Buffie x :D

I got a bag of the Ex-Bats crumb to try out on my girls and I wanted to report back. I've got several grubs, so filled two with their normal layers pellets plus garlic powder, poultry spice, and DE and then fillled one with just crumb. Checking on the grubs today the levels in the 'normal' grubs is a bit lower but the crumb grub looks like it's been licked clean! :D

There isn't any crumb strewn about the run either, which I was a bit anxious about. I just filled this grub up again with crumb, put it in the run and nearly got bowled over by the rush to eat from it! :shock:

I don't think the girls care much for whatever the nutritional and moral values of this feed are - but it must be very tasty! :lol:

I'll definitely buy it again, particularly as A&P have given me a few £3 off vouchers!

I'm very tired and should be asleep ............. but I can't find this to buy online........please can someone help as I would like my newly rescued girls to have some of this asap :D :D

We didn't have any available at today's rescue and our local feed supplier doesn't approve of rescued chooks......although he may have found that there was an unusual demand for this today as, we sent everyone from the rescue who needed feed and extras to him, and kindly asked them if they would ask him for the Ex Batts Feed :wink::D

It's part of the smallholder range and was due to be in their online shop by now, but I can't find it either. Maybe give them a ring or send them an email?

My local pet shop owner/food supplier was telling me the area distributors had a bet as to where their first order for this would come from - but none of them got it right, so no one won the prize (and they didn't give it him or me either!) :D