buffie

Allen and Page Ex Bats Feed - Supporting BHWT

Mine are ordered, our supplier in Hardingstone (Collins) had 5kg crumb and although at first unsure if they could get it, I told them 'nicely' that they could, :wink::lol::lol: . So after a quick call to a lady in the know, they were ordered.

Just a reminder that most suppliers can get these for you so please ask. :)

Well done to those of you who've given them a try or are about to. :D

Buffie x :D

My two girls are really enjoying the pellets. The pellets are smaller and thinner than their usual brand, so much better for Bubbles's dainty beak. As far as I can tell there has not been any of the pellets tossed out of the grub onto the run floor.

What is the texture of the crumb like? When I worm the girls I usually buy a bag of mash as it is easier to mix in the flubenvet. I wondered if the crumb would be just as good.

What is the texture of the crumb like? When I worm the girls I usually buy a bag of mash as it is easier to mix in the flubenvet. I wondered if the crumb would be just as good

The crumb works fine and is as Clare says like chick crumb. It's comparable to mash being evenly pressed into a crumb like mixture (think fine crumble) the idea being that they can't pick and choose but get a balanced ration.

The pellets are smaller and I've found no waste at all. :D

Buffie x :D

It's not a matter of one being superior :wink: it's more personal choice, as I see it. Both foods are natural and as locally sourced as possible. The ex bats feed has been enriched to cater for the ex bats needs BUT these can also benefit your average garden hen.

The added bonus is the donation to BHWT . :D:D

I've swapped from organic and been really pleased, the small pellet size has been readily accepted, I had problems moving them to pellets before.

Both very good feeds, with a lot of research behind their formulation. :D

Buffie x

Thanks Buffie :D :D

Pam, have you managed to source some locally yet?

I went into the newly re-opened feed shop in Birdham last week & she was stocking it. Not sure of price but she's lovely youngster, (yes there are some about despite what the papers tell us!!!) who's set the shop up on her own & is very reasonably priced. (She's my hairdresser's daughter & I've known her since she was knee high to a grasshopper, I think she deserves all the custom she can get!!) She would also deliver, although I'm not sure how far.

I'd be happy to pick some up for you if you'd like & we can met up to hand it over?

Sha x

I went to my farm/equine shop this morning and asked for it. The lady said they were just starting to get some in. I ordered a small bag of the crumbs for my ex-batts when they arrive in a few weeks :dance:

My local shop is:

Peckfield Farm Produce

Peckfield House Farm,

Selby Rd,

Peckfield,

Leeds,

WEST YORKSHIRE,

LS25 4BD

0113 287 2664

It's official! The feed merchants in Berkshire are awful! I've made five phone calls to one particular shop and they still haven't ordered it in for me... although they have now admitted that they can. I had to go and buy normal layers pellets to stop my chooks starving while these people waste my time.

It has now arrived at my feed suppliers, Estate Supplies in Ashley, Cheshire, and I gather that it can also be obtained at Chelford Farm Supplies in Chelford, Cheshire.

Thanks for that Tweety - went to Estate Supplies this morning and got a bag each of mash and pellets, plus some grit and they also ordered some hemcore in for me. So all set up for a while!