iar fach goch

rant - beware husbands AAAAAH!!!!!!!

Do any of them have temporary blindness as well? You know, they ask where's my ...? and you say, it's on the third drawer down on the right hand side. Five minutes later comes the pitiful reply, no it isn't. So you stop what you're doing, tromp off to where you know it is, move a small item out of the way, and hey presto....! But it wasn't there honest!!

Was it on this thread (or when I was out with friends :think: ) someone talked about there being two different types of "looking"? "Boy looking" and "girl looking" - spot on, I reckon :lol: .

I'm going away next month for two nights and leaving OH with the boys - for the first time ever (eldest is now eight). Can he be trusted? Or should I just cancel now?

Right. The only way you do this is to do a decent shop the day before and the next morning take your darling hubby aside and pointing to the fridge/larder full of food say," here darling, there's loads of stuff to cook just help yourself and don't forget to take the kids to school.

There's no mobile reception where I'm staying but I promise to ring when I get there and bring you all a small prezzie when I get back. Bye gorgeous"

You're all very funny with your Hubbie stories!

However...... if we all (God forbid) :shock: dropped dead tomoro, they would cope wouldnt they? Because they would have no choice? We would be watching from our clouds at them searching for glasses and keys, putting babies socks on backwards, burning the sprouts and having to cook or starve but they would learn, like we had to when we grew up!

I therefore dont entertain any of the instruction thing, if he cant work out the washing machine/dishwasher/cooker then he wears dirty clothes/eats from dirty dishes/starves! He isnt a wally, none of them are, it just suits them for us girls to take control and do stuff properly (esp the stuff they hate doing!).

:D

Kimmy

x

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Its like the Men Can't Multitask Myth- if you can drive a car you can multitask, if you can watch 20 tv channels simultaneously you can multitask, they just choose not to when it suits. 'Be smart, act dumb' seems to be most men's motto!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

chookiehubbie has terrible problems with his peripheral vision - if it aint tight in front of his eyes, then it can't possibly be where I said it was. And heaven forbid he might have to move something a millimetre to the left to spot it... :roll:

This morning I got

DH "where's the big car keys?"

Me "Hanging up" whilst rummaging in a panicky fashion through my coat pocket....

DH "No it isn't" as he rummages through the key rack

Me I arrive at the key rack & instantly spot them "What's this then?"

DH " oh big car keys, they were hung the wrong way up" :shock: ! They are on a lanyard & I always hang them from the bunch rather than the neck end of the lanyard :eh::wall:

Sha x

OH has passed the genes on to our children. DD can never find anything - even if it is on the floor right in front of her - but then it is usually the case of stand in the middle of the room and cast cursory glance around followed by a wail "can't find it" - absolutely hopeless! :wall: But at least DS does look, sort of, last night it was "has anyone seen my Converse shoes with the chequerboard squares on them?"

Reply from the rest of the household = "no"

So he said "I'll have another look in my wardrobe" so dashes upstairs.

Meanwhile I had a brainwave and said "didn't you give the girls some raisins last week and leave the shoes by the door?"

"Yes, but I already looked there."

"Did you look behind the curtain?"

Sound of elephants charging down the stairs . . ."Ooh, I already looked there, thanks". :roll:

Oh well at least he thanked me. :)

My ED is hopeless she can't see things unless you point at them and even then she struggles if more than one step is needed to pick them up :roll:

We have had a mystery in our house for the last month, several missing items of clothing. i have read the riot act to the people concerned about checking under things and behind things etc. I found said items in the tumble dryer this morning when i went to put YD's school cardigan in there which I had forgotten to wash last night :oops: sssh don't tell.

The items have been rewashed owing to slightly damp aroma and will be sneaked into drawers etc very soon.

I hardly ever use the dryer preferring to use airers and radiators, so the last time it was used was just before Christmas when we got back from a few days away. It seems to have stopped working too because after half an hour the said cardigan was stone cold and still wet, so she had to wear her old one :evil:

OH is always leaving his mobile phone lying around and then can't find it. Trouble is, I can't even phone him to hear where the ringtone comes from, because he has it on "silent". :roll:

Men! *shrug*

A good friend of mine once told me that you have to give men "micro-instructions". It's not enough to say "Dust the bookcase" It hasd to be more like. "Take all the books off the bookcase and stack them neatly. Dust the top of the bookcase then all the individual shelves from top to bottom. Dust each book and replace it on the bookcase in the exact order they were before". :lol::lol::lol:

Dust?? The Bookcase?? Huh??

Let it lie fallow for a while.. (a long while) and in spring, when you do eventually go all Nigella, at least you(cos no one else will) will notice the difference...

OH doesnt get housework, I swear he'd live in a hovel in crunchy underpants........

though he will cook if I'm ill bad, so that's ok then!!

:lol: Your husbands sound great!

Do any of them have temporary blindness as well? You know, they ask where's my ...? and you say, it's on the third drawer down on the right hand side. Five minutes later comes the pitiful reply, no it isn't. So you stop what you're doing, tromp off to where you know it is, move a small item out of the way, and hey presto....! But it wasn't there honest!!

To be fair, this kind of blindness can be useful - he doesn't notice when I've cleaned up, but he doesn't notice when I haven't either! :oops:

its genetic as is temporary deafness, my Dad had this long before he could claim he was really deaf -- he would fail to answer whenever we or mom asked him to do anything but the min we were buying anything his ears would prick up HOW MUCH!!!!!!

:lol: Your husbands sound great!

To be fair, this kind of blindness can be useful - he doesn't notice when I've cleaned up, but he doesn't notice when I haven't either! :oops:

My husband is as bad as some of yours but unfortunately i can't whinge as I seem to have the male blindness gene and he has the female finding things gene :lol: .

I stand upstairs screaming "i'm late, where have you moved my shoes to!". He comes upstairs and points to them, they are right in front of me :oops::lol: .

Tiggy wrote

its genetic as is temporary deafness, my Dad had this long before he could claim he was really deaf -- he would fail to answer whenever we or mom asked him to do anything but the min we were buying anything his ears would prick up HOW MUCH!!!!!!

In my idylic household it's the children that have this gene - but perhaps that's a whole different thread.....