iar fach goch

rant - beware husbands AAAAAH!!!!!!!

Loath though i am to admit it, mine can do most things, he just doesn't , because I do it, as I only work part time(!!!! 30+hrs a week)

Then its skelters and wages, etc etc, and then all the house stuff :evil:

What i really resent is that all my tax allowance goes against his (our) business, and I get taxed full wack on what i earn in the paye job, and then he moans if I run out and take from the business account!!I run out as ALL the postage has come out of my account, and some top up the mortgage money every month. I have no secret diamond stash; though perhaps I should!!

I was hanging washing at 3am this morning , as DD was puking half the night, and I was up anyway!! Family life, such a pleasure!! :lol:

Mine can't cook either but he does all manner of other things. His particular brand of Y-Chromasome Oddness extends to unhelpful remarks/answers, eg I call him at work-

Me: Where's the quadbike/car/workshop key? You had it last.

Mr R: Isn't it on the key hook?

Me: You are a genius, do NASA know about your scything intellect?

Now I don't know whether he thinks I'm a complete numpty and would never think of looking there or he just wants me to stop talking and go away..

Me: Power's gone in the farmhouse.

Mr R: Have you checked the trip switch?

Me: Brilliant! And there's me Morris Dancing in the hallway, now why didn't I think of that?

:roll:

:lol:

Mine I must say has no idea that in order for washing to dry it has to spread out fully, no bunched up sleeves etc. On the rare occasion that he has hung up washing it is still wet and very crumpled by the following day :roll: I am sure he had the same lesson that I had at school about evaporation and surface area :lol:

The children are just as bad with towels, they dry really well crumpled in a heap on the bedroom floor :twisted:

With sons and husbands I think you have to think literally. If you just omit one teensy bit that seems basically common sense to you, you must rethink - how would I explain it to an idiot!? I hear the rants and I sympathise!

At the moment we are having a battle of wills - which I won't go into - too pathetic, but I am determined to be the most pathetic and win! :wink:

If you give a man a shopping list it has to be in such detail.

Tomatoes.......... 'How many do you want?' He'll say, we just know don't we, easier to go yourself sometimes!!!

Mine is turning into a good cook I have to say, but we have been married 18 years this year so it's about time! I also caught him with the iron the other day! Perhaps I was dreaming.

better watch we don't get moddled :wink: but I know just what you mean - I have a theory that if you ask hubby to do anything he dosnt fancy doing on a regular basis he will mess it up on purpose so you 1. dont ask him again, 2. feel guilty for not doing it your self, most are more than capable of cooking cleaning laundry etc, the saying dog & barking yourself comes to mind :wink::wink: you take some time off & leave them to it

I may be being harsh on OH. He does do the ironing (whilst in front of the tv with whatever sport he fancies on it!) It is all his shirts though. (I confess I loath and detest ironing!)

He managed to put the garbage bag into the recycling bin last week!

I was making a choc fondue this evening as a treat for the chillerns. I asked if either of them could help. DS said, "Last time I made it, it wasn't nearly as good as yours. It was all runny. Could you make it, as yours is so good."

"Have you been learning from your father?" I asked!

I have to say that Mr Fowlbird is pretty competent at most things - he cooks, as long as it's soup, curry or stirfry... he cleans - even bathrooms and toilets, as long as you don't mind it not being done properly... he Dysons very well... he can even tidy up although you'll never find most of it again :roll:

the problem is that he only does this when he feels like it :wall:

he truly does believe that no one cleans up unless someone's coming round (you see why I'm constantly inviting friends round :wink: ) that it's ok to leave the washing up until there are no clean dishes left and then it's fine to run the dishwasher 3 or 4 times in one day...

still, when I'm laid up he's better than no one :whistle:

it's our silver wedding anniversary in March - is there time to get him trained?

If you give a man a shopping list it has to be in such detail.

Tomatoes.......... 'How many do you want?' He'll say, we just know don't we, easier to go yourself sometimes!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh.........and here lies the solution. When you ask a man to do something, he gets it wrong on purpose, hoping you won't ask him again. Just my theory.

Not that I have ANY experience with this........... :whistle::angel:

My OH does do stuff around the house but has to be prompted (nagged :roll: ) about quite a lot of things.

He looked after Bogwoppit for the whole day yesterday for the first time - from when he woke up to bedtime in the evening - as I had to travel up to Sheffield for work. I left a long list of timings (naps/bottle/lunch/tea etc) and went over it with him.

Well, it all went very well! :dance: The house looked like a bomb had hit it when I got home but apart from that I was pretty impressed until OH kept saying how worn out he was and how it was such hard work looking after a baby all day and could I get him a drink etc etc. :roll:

Hmph :notalk: I can't remember the number of times he has come home from work and claimed I have done nothing all day or asked why I'm shattered as he's the one that has had the hard day at work or moaned that I haven't had chance to do something when I've got all the time in the world. :notalk: He's now promised that he won't say those things anymore!!! :lol:

He looked after Bogwoppit for the whole day yesterday for the first time - from when he woke up to bedtime in the evening - as I had to travel up to Sheffield for work. I left a long list of timings (naps/bottle/lunch/tea etc) and went over it with him.

Well, it all went very well! :dance: The house looked like a bomb had hit it when I got home but apart from that I was pretty impressed until OH kept saying how worn out he was and how it was such hard work looking after a baby all day and could I get him a drink etc etc. :roll:

The first weekend I went back to work after having Duncan, chookiehubbie phoned midway through the morning, and asked when I was getting my lunchbreak, because he needed the toilet, and didn't know what to do with Duncan while he went.... :roll::roll::roll: I'm not sure how he thought I went all day when he was at work without a loo break. :lol:

:lol: Your husbands sound great!

Do any of them have temporary blindness as well? You know, they ask where's my ...? and you say, it's on the third drawer down on the right hand side. Five minutes later comes the pitiful reply, no it isn't. So you stop what you're doing, tromp off to where you know it is, move a small item out of the way, and hey presto....! But it wasn't there honest!!

To be fair, this kind of blindness can be useful - he doesn't notice when I've cleaned up, but he doesn't notice when I haven't either! :oops:

My husband made us breakfast in bed on Sunday and my little'un called up the stairs to ask where his was - Hubby didn't even think about getting him any breakfast! This is not the first time its happened. Or if I go to the supermarket (because it's quicker to go myself) over a lunch time you can be guaranteed no lunch would have been made.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

..... Oh and I'm quite ill at the moment with no appitite - but you should have seen his face last night when I said I wasn't cooking any dinner .... :dance:

Mine has the blindness thing really badly :roll: If I tell him where something is he will have a quick look then stand there looking pathetic until I come and find it for him :x

When he comes in from work, his keys go down then he moves on then his watch goes down, then of he goes again and his phones gets put down. Guess who has to find them all in the morning :roll:

Well, who needs a man, I have fixed the chicken house door and it shuts better than ever, I've sawn wood with an electric saw, installed piece of wood, taken all the metal work off the door , turned the door round, planed off the high spots and re-installed it 8) My Dad would be proud of me!

I still want a Cube though!

You're all very funny with your Hubbie stories!

However...... if we all (God forbid) :shock: dropped dead tomoro, they would cope wouldnt they? Because they would have no choice? We would be watching from our clouds at them searching for glasses and keys, putting babies socks on backwards, burning the sprouts and having to cook or starve but they would learn, like we had to when we grew up!

I therefore dont entertain any of the instruction thing, if he cant work out the washing machine/dishwasher/cooker then he wears dirty clothes/eats from dirty dishes/starves! He isnt a wally, none of them are, it just suits them for us girls to take control and do stuff properly (esp the stuff they hate doing!).

Do you think this attitude is why I'm on my third husband??! :D

Kimmy

x

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

chookiehubbie has terrible problems with his peripheral vision - if it aint tight in front of his eyes, then it can't possibly be where I said it was. And heaven forbid he might have to move something a millimetre to the left to spot it... :roll:

Yep. Mine has the blindness gene too. I left the recycling box in the hall for 3 days, instead of it's usual place under the stairs, just to see if anyone would notice and put it away. They didn't. I couldn't stand the sight of it anymore so I put it away.

"Ooops, word censored!"ody noticed that either.

I love this thread. Its very reassuring!