iar fach goch

rant - beware husbands AAAAAH!!!!!!!

At 5.45 I had to pop out to pick up MS from a birthday party, having already picked YS up at 3.30 and ES from after school activities at 4.30. I had been a good girl and prepared tea, shepherd's pie was in the oven so I just asked OH to boil the veg, stating that by the time it was done, shepherd's pie would be done. I said that I shouldn't be too long and off I went. As often happens, party was still in full swing when I arrived, so stayed a while for a cuppa while the kids sang happy birthday and waited for party bags to be filled and handed out. Finally managed to persuade MS that it was time to leave, amid cries of it's not fair and everyone else is still here, and arrived home a little later than anticipated...to find.... ES and YS playing on the computer. How was tea I asked? We haven't had any ES replied! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went through to the kitchen to find what can only be described as a saucepan full of green mush and a dishful of dried up shepherd's pie! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And apparently it's my fault because I didn't actually ask OH to dish up!!!!!!!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I'm going away next month for two nights and leaving OH with the boys - for the first time ever (eldest is now eight). Can he be trusted? Or should I just cancel now?

:roll: Hubbies aye!

I know how you feel, I go away for a weekend with a friend each April and have to fill the fridge with pre prepared pasta meals (easy to reheat in the micro) and leave a wadge of take away menus on the side.

The children have always still been alive when I have got back - can't say the same for the house tho' :shock: So don't cancel - it'll do him good to be in your shoes for a couple of days. :lol:

:roll: Hubbies aye!

I know how you feel, I go away for a weekend with a friend each April and have to fill the fridge with pre prepared pasta meals (easy to reheat in the micro) and leave a wadge of take away menus on the side.

The children have always still been alive when I have got back - can't say the same for the house tho' :shock: So don't cancel - it'll do him good to be in your shoes for a couple of days. :lol:

Same here - trouble is hubby gets away with doing the take away treat thing and doesn't have to put up with any fussy eating tantrums or tidying the house!!! :roll:

Men eh!!!

I know how you feel!

My OH needs simple instructions, like the ones I give to the 4 & 5 year olds I work with.

E.g.

Turn on the tap

Put soap on your hands

Rub your hands together and cover them with soap

Wash off the soap

Turn off the tap

Fetch a paper towel........... etc etc etc

Simple to us. So so hard for male brains!

never ever ever leave a man to do something without full and detailed instructions :roll::roll:

I once asked DS to plug the hoover in to save me walking back to the socket in another room............

he did plug it in.......

just didn't switch it on :roll::roll:I had omitted that instruction from the request :wall::wall:

Not meaning to rub salt in the wound but mine can't be the only one to be able to cope with cooking dinner without me giving instructions surely! Or is it because we aren't married :D

Have to add there are loads of things I can't trust him to do, like take DD to school with everything she needs!

My OH would always sigh dramatically when I couldn't find car keys/mobile/purse. "It's very easy, " he would purr, "Just put them in the same place when you come in."

One day, I had to be out and it was a (normal) hectic one, he lost his mobile phone and explained to me that it was because he had so much on his plate that day that he just couldn't remember where he had put it.

"Welcome to my world sweetie!"

never ever ever leave a man to do something without full and detailed instructions :roll::roll:

I once asked DS to plug the hoover in to save me walking back to the socket in another room............

he did plug it in.......

just didn't switch it on :roll::roll:I had omitted that instruction from the request :wall::wall:

and i bet you got the blame for not stating the obvious!!

men!!!

i have taught mine to cook spag bol and chili from scratch but with very detailed laminated instructions :roll:

I can sympathise too :roll: . I was out one night last week and had left the washing machine running. It beeps loudly and annoyingly when it's done and drives OH mad. So he switched the machine off to stop it beeping. But did he actually empty said machine and hang up the washing? You've guessed it :roll: .

On school camp with a load of autistic/aspergers kids recently, they were all told before going hillwalking to put on their waterproof trousers and jackets .... for HILLWALKING. What do you think they all had on their feet when we were ready to leave? Hillwalking boots? Nah, trainers. Well, we never said hillwalking boots :wall: .

I'm saying nothing :wink: .

This is oh so familliar.

I do the detailed instructions suitable for a 5 year old thing and write it down.

Mrcluck cant manage more than one thing at a time.

I expect things not to go how I would like them done, then Im not dissapointed with the result.

Go on your hols though. They will manage in their own way.

Why do boyfriends and husbands not think? would it have been so hard to empty the washing machine if it was beeping they drive me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my boyfriend well the list is too long to write down but my favourite was when i asked him to bring my grey cardigan with him when he comes over

he comes over and proudly produces to me...........his own giant blue dressing gown?

that is how little he looks what he is doing

he took it out of his room down stairs into see his mum before he left and then on the drivers seat picked it up to take it to me and never noticed.

230206082_4424c796cd_o.gif

I also have that seemingly rare breed of very capable male. Although I do the majority of the cooking he can and will cook quite competently (OK, so you have to give him a lot of notice and he doesn't tend to check the cupboards or fridge before he shops so we have 2 of everything - but, hey, it's a start.

He also irons, cleans, and cleans out the girls and cat litter tray.

Just don't ask him to hang washing on the line unless you want peg marks....

I also have one of those saintly husbands, maybe I should apreciate him more. :D

The only things he doesn't do are bathroom cleaning, washing, and litter trays, but he would if I was away.

He cooks, is good at both making a mess and then tidying up, he can tidy far more efficiently than I can :oops:

I also have that seemingly rare breed of very capable male. Although I do the majority of the cooking he can and will cook quite competently (OK, so you have to give him a lot of notice and he doesn't tend to check the cupboards or fridge before he shops so we have 2 of everything - but, hey, it's a start.

He also irons, cleans, and cleans out the girls and cat litter tray.

Just don't ask him to hang washing on the line unless you want peg marks....

Mine is pretty good too, which is lucky because leaving written instructions would be a complete waste of time as he never bothers to read any notes I might leave for him. He is a pretty good cook and does the majority of the chook cleaning :clap: but like yours, Lydia, hanging out washing is a completely closed book to him (not that he would read it if it were opened). First hurdle is getting him to remember to take the washing out of the machine, second is for him to actually hang it up, third is for him to understand that if you just hang it without pulling out the creases then someone (guess who) will have a devil of a time ironing it! I, of course, and absolutely perfect in every way! :whistle: