sandyhas3chucks

GREAT NEWS UPDATE!"The importance of seeing a vet"

A week ago my 4 were all seen by the vet for check ups & various advice.

By Wednesday my special little one was "not herself", hadn't laid since Sat or sunday, Not too worried, looked as if a softee might be possible though hasdn't done one since just after release.

Gradually she was eating less, then I decided i hadn't seen her drink in a while.

Then i noticed a lack of pooh in the nest box.

then I checked her crop. not sure but she had been up 15mins.

next morning still full.

Sat got maggots & she ate a few, Sun am ate a few.

Seemed a little smaller but she was still off.

ANYWAY followed gut feeling and went to the vet this aft.

Her crop is NOT Blocked!

IT IS THE OTHER END :cry::cry:

very worried now as he could feel the lump And try as he could could not get itr out or to a point where he could get a visual.

Poor liitle love :cry:

Now it MAY be a lash that is stuck.

She sometimes perks up a bit, eats a little. today I saw her drink herself, only 3 chicken glugs.

We are giving her till Thursday to see if now he has been in there it may shift.

But if no better she will probably need an op wiyth all the risks that go with that :cry:

She has been through so much .

the battery, the bullying, the broken leg, she is only just starting to feather up.

seems unfair.

Anyway just wanrted to share as I could have just carried on seeing to her crop. :(

Edited by Guest

Yes, I hope it turns out well. Its horrid when they aren't well because you feel so powerless don't you? But you are obviously very watchful and attentive, so I'm sure she has the best possible care and you have all the options covered. My fingers are X for you both.

Not passed it yet, she is a sad girl, looks like te others have when waiting for a softee.

She has eaten live mealworm yesterday but not today. today tempted ny some sunflower hearts And scrambled egg. Figur if it's her last day it going to be as comfortable & spoilt as can be.

Something odd just happened? As I said she is pretty sad but not all the day the are plucky little souls. i just stopped to offer her some bits, and offered her aple. But she got REALLY excited about the pips(not done before!) Posibly clutching at straws here, but she does keep picking up bits of grit & soitting them out, like she is looking for something in particular! Could there be something in the apple pips she needs? she stopped wanting by the 4th. Lucky I have some frost damaged ones sitting about. :)

i was syringing water with Avipro but have opted to leave fresg water within easy access, she drank abot 6/7 chicken glugs on her own a little while back, & has eaten a little on her own, she has like a chiclken selection box of treats to try. she turned nose up at live mealworm though today?

She has had perky moments today & has enjojed sun bathing by the fire, currently snuggled up on sofa. the others jink it's great all this stuff to clear up afdter her, but the result is messy pooh everywhere! never mind!

Moe is passing some wet pooh & the vet said she wasn't showing any signs of dehydration. whilsat she is nice & red out side inside ner mouth she is not as red as he would like to see..

Should I syringe avipro water before she goes to bed? or leave her in peace?

fingers crossed she pops it out overnight as she seems perkier, am really worried about an anasthetic! :cry::cry:

Go girl. I want to do it for her. :D

Me too but alas despite my hopes nothing but stinky pooh this morning. :cry::cry:

feeling so emotional because her friend clearly without a doubt knows all is not right. She has come out this morning had a quick peck then gone and snuggled iup next to Moe who still has good comb colour but is as you can all imagine is hunched up. :cry:

Maybe the vet will be able to get to it now. (that is if it is in the oviduct :pray: .As he wasn't sure.

I know it doesn't sound great & if I were readiung this would be beig as you all are supportive, yet fearing the worst :cry::cry::cry:

:pray: 10. 10 the vets appointment. It is a 45 min approx drive each way.

Will let you know soon as.