any body got the problem I have with my girls digging under the run.

The run may be fox proof from the outside but nothing says the chickens can't dig there way out. they dig deep holes near the edges then fill them in to hide them. we did have that black weed supressing stuff down but they have shredded that. :twisted: is the only answer concrete?

Mine do this in the strip in the middle of our run that goes between the concrete base and the paving slabs. They really dig down deep. We have taken some of the original cube run with a skirt bit and tied it to the inside of the run and hung the grub and glub on it. They love digging under it but I don't think they could squeeze under and get out :D I shall have to take a photo!

I have weldmesh under my Eglu run, stops critters getting in and the chickens getting out! I have a few inches of woodchip on top for them to dig in

The wire sort of sinks in to the soil surface after a short while so I don't worry about hurt feet etc.. and have never had any problems

mine have a 2sq metre permanent dustbath in their WIR - their holes are simply for the sheer hell of it! LOL. We also put a large wire skirt around the outisde of our run, which is also slabbed over, so at least I know "Ooops, word censored!"ody is getting in or out :D

Yes

I put the weldmesh off the wir into the soil and put a double layer of bricks all along the edge and even though a plank of wood they have neatly excavated under the bricks...every evening i sweep the soil back into the holes for them to start all over again..I think slabs would be the solution

right monkeys

indie :)